Speed Dating - Ongoing Events

Originally posted by cptwhite

Alternatively you might get lots of ticks and you'd be like "oh my god I never realised this many peple would be interested in me!!"

if you can think that positively then fantastic!!!..but unfortunately my confidence has never been that high..and whenever i get feeling `ok' bout myself...someone knocks me back down pretty sharpish.

if you get mutual ticks you shud be legally oblidged to go out with them ;) haha.:hihi:

There seems something so unnatural about the concept of speed dating.

I've spent the best part of the last 13 years trying to figure out how to interpret whether a woman likes me or not. Having had a certain number of 'ticks' kind of takes something out of the process.

Hey I know I'm only repeating what I said before more or less....I am a bit boring :hihi:

explains a lot :D

BE CAREFUL SPEED DATING CAN LEAD TO MICRO RELATIONSHIPS!

Mini's Story

After a speed date I fell in love. It was wonderful for about two days, we went everywhere together and wanted to spend every second in each others arms. By Thursday we had got ourselves into a routine. She was staying in and I was going out with mates or visa - vesa! We had an argument sometime in the afternoon. She had never spoken me like that before. On friday we drifted appart, both feeling isolated and trapped in the relationship, although deparately trying to find meaning. At noon on friday she had our first child we named him 'flash' in a speed baptism in Las Vegas. On saturday we had a trial separation so we could both explore other avenues. We put flash into care:( . 'Flash ahhhh ahhhh' I cried that night. In the morning, we got back together hopeful of rebuilding what we once had and we even got little flash back who was now six. But two hours later we realised it was no good. My girlfriend was seeing a micro wave engineer that she met at another speed dating event. The trust was gone. I started drinking heavily and let myself go. Almost one week after our first meeting at the speed date I woke up on a park bench. I decided to get help. I wanted Flash back. But it was too late. My ex had moved to australia and flash was a 36 yr old insurance salesman.

speed dating ruined my life.:suspect:

Originally posted by miniminch

BE CAREFUL SPEED DATING CAN LEAD TO MICRO RELATIONSHIPS!

Mini's Story

After a speed date I fell in love. It was wonderful for about two days, we went everywhere together and wanted to spend every second in each others arms. By Thursday we had got ourselves into a routine. She was staying in and I was going out with mates or visa - vesa! We had an argument sometime in the afternoon. She had never spoken me like that before. On friday we drifted appart, both feeling isolated and trapped in the relationship, although deparately trying to find meaning. At noon on friday she had our first child we named him 'flash' in a speed baptism in Las Vegas. On saturday we had a trial separation so we could both explore other avenues. We put flash into care:( . 'Flash ahhhh ahhhh' I cried that night. In the morning, we got back together hopeful of rebuilding what we once had and we even got little flash back who was now six. But two hours later we realised it was no good. My girlfriend was seeing a micro wave engineer that she met at another speed dating event. The trust was gone. I started drinking heavily and let myself go. Almost one week after our first meeting at the speed date I woke up on a park bench. I decided to get help. I wanted Flash back. But it was too late. My ex had moved to australia and flash was a 36 yr old insurance salesman.

speed dating ruined my life.:suspect:

any1 else thinking.......huh?? :confused:

Ive been speed dating, its actually really good fun.

I didn't meet anyone that I would like to date, but a few that I would see again as friends.

Its a good laugh.

its also nice to know that everyone is in the same position.

One drwa back is, that its quite expensive.

Though, as I expect someone else has already stated, the price at Sheff uni is only £3 :thumbsup:

(course, you do have to be a student)

Can't believe some places are trying to charge twenty quid :o I'd want a guaranteed date for that price...

Archived