What do you think of the refurbished Wig & Pen

Tine.S.

Yes, I have been and must say I was very disappointed! The decor etc is lovely but for a Friday night I found that the atmosphere was non-existant and our drinks all had to be replaced as they tasted of detergent from the pipes. Won't be in a rush back!

I went in on a monday night - i was very quiet but thats to be expected I guess. I have mostly gone in there thurs or fri nights. Before the refurb it used to have great atmosphere I dont know if that was because it was smaller then and always seemed packed .... it seemed to be full of posh young yuppie types who look at you as if something stuck to their shoe ... maybe its my imagination ... they obviously didnt know Im famous ...

Yes, I went this weekend. The venue and use of space is fantastic. The small rooms make dining very private. The menu was good and the food excellent. I really enjoyed the food and the environment and I woudl definitely recommend it.

Went last night didn't get to see much of the refurb because the bar service is appalling, just two people serving, and to be honest I think it could be there first bar job as they looked clueless, there wasn't any acknowledgment that you were stood at the bar waiting, the place was empty and we were stood there for 10 mins and still didn't get served, walked out in disgust to All Bar One where the bar staff at Wig & Pen should go to see how it is done.

Won't be going back until they get there act together. :rant:

The place has had a refurb has it also had a new manager coz ive been goin in years & the bar service is shocking at the moment,mite have just been a bad night i picked to go in,hope so anyway.

Went last night didn't get to see much of the refurb because the bar service is appalling, just two people serving, and to be honest I think it could be there first bar job as they looked clueless, there wasn't any acknowledgment that you were stood at the bar waiting, the place was empty and we were stood there for 10 mins and still didn't get served, walked out in disgust to All Bar One where the bar staff at Wig & Pen should go to see how it is done.

Won't be going back until they get there act together. :rant:

Yes I kinda noticed that when I went there recently - I was there when only 2 other customers in there ... the 2 bar staff seemed to be standing about nattering, primping and preening they selves in the mirror before they served me after 15 mins - I almoast had walked out and gone elsewhere ... lets hope they stress service from now on as well as just looks ...

Archived