Hillsborough Disaster

Spoons

I'm a Hillsborough lad born and bred (And a Wednesday fan ) and was living in Manchester at the time of the tragedy and phoned my parents on the day to see what was happening , I still live in Manchester and still go to Hillsborough with my 10 year old daughter who is now also a Wednesday fan (Hard work in Manchester !!) and whenever we go to a match around or on the anniversary I ALWAYS tell her about the tragedy - I also believe it must never be forgotten and my heart goes out to the Hillsborough families who lost loved ones - I applaud anyone who feels as i do otherwise it would be any even bigger waste of human lives so good on you Christian and good luck with the coverage :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hiya all,

Just to say, thanks to everyone who's been in touch so far. The project is beginning to take shape. Could always do with more help though - so please come forward if you can.

Just thought I'd give the topic a 'bump' just in case there are new users who may have missed it!

Spoons

I was there, entered by Leppings Lane at about 2.15 sat near to half way line, saw first casualties and response from inside ground.

If I can help contact me.

Hiya all,

Just to say, thanks to everyone who's been in touch so far. The project is beginning to take shape. Could always do with more help though - so please come forward if you can.

Just thought I'd give the topic a 'bump' just in case there are new users who may have missed it!

Spoons

It is funny how you do things thinking it will have no effect

I was asked to go and help with the families at the reception centre (hills boys club or 363 as it is now known)

I did all sorts fom making tea to answering the phone to people enquiring from Liverpool. I am a quiet person usualy but a couple of days later I snapped at work and had my bosses son by the scruff of the neck. I can only put it down to the events of that day and what I experienced.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember being at the Hallamshire Hospital at the time, i was visiting my mum who had cancer. I remember looking out of the hospital window and there were ambulances coming and going and people running in all directions, we didnt know at the time what had happened but we knew it was something bad. Eventually we saw on the news what had happened.

Then a nurse came to us and said could we take mum home for the weekend because they needed the beds for emergency addmissions. I remember mum insisted on putting red lipstick before we left the hospital, even though her skin was bright yellow cos she was jaundaced. Mum was ok at home thank goodness.

It was an awful time for everyone.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just to say many thanks to those who have got in touch. I have a number of people who have kindly agreed to speak to me.

I just want to bump this to the top of the thread one more time to see if there are any other people out there who would share their memories. Please drop me an email/PM if you can help. I appreciated how difficult a subject it is - but really appreciate any help.

Christian

Hi,

Just to say many thanks to those who have got in touch. I have a number of people who have kindly agreed to speak to me.

I just want to bump this to the top of the thread one more time to see if there are any other people out there who would share their memories. Please drop me an email/PM if you can help. I appreciated how difficult a subject it is - but really appreciate any help.

Christian

I was there that day sat in south stand towards liverpool end...couldnt under stand why there end wasnt full as it was about 2.50 and the forest end had no spaces...if i can be of any help feel free to contact me..

• 1 month later...
was nice to meet you today spoons and i hope my small contribution will help put your programme together and in some way help the relatives piece together how events unfolded on that sad sad day.

Spoons interviewed me too, although over a month ago now.

Amazing how dry one's throat from get from speaking into a microphone.

I doubt I'd do very well interviewed on TV.:hihi:

Archived