What's so wrong with Daily Mail readers?

Maybe the Mail will not shy away from printing stories other papers might feel a little unsure about, best daily read around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1036833/Over-half-young-knife-suspects-black-Scotland-Yard-figures-reveal.html

Absolutely; here's another example.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1036216/Pictured-The-incredible-moment-leopard-attacks-crocodile.html

Most papers would have shied away from it for fear of offending any readers who may be leopards, but not the fearsome Daily Mail!

I dislike the Mail because it pretends to be a newspaper, when it has about as much news content as an issue of Heat magazine - only the Mail tends to have more photos of 'celebrities' in bikinis that Heat does.

If people choose to read it, good luck to them. If people take it as their only source of 'news', god help them.

I dislike the Mail because it pretends to be a newspaper, when it has about as much news content as an issue of Heat magazine - only the Mail tends to have more photos of 'celebrities' in bikinis that Heat does.

If people choose to read it, good luck to them. If people take it as their only source of 'news', god help them.

'Pretends to be a newspaper' - couldn't have put it better! nice one.

It's a very readable newspaper and good value as it takes longer than 5 minutes to read (unlike The Scum). The non-news stories and articles are very well written and often interesting.

However, the 'news' must always be read in inverted commas because it's rarely accurate, and the opinion pieces/letters/editorials are like the ravings of Mr Mad McMad of Madsville, Madshire.

It also has a venerable history of having supported the Nazis.

When people go on about 'Daily Mail readers' they don't mean all Daily Mail readers, just the poor deluded souls who take everything they print as gospel. ;)

Well said! But (a) how can you write so positively that its news is rarely accurate and (b) ’opinion pieces’ etc.? opinion pieces are exactly what it says on the tin. Writers have opinions and the Mail in my opinion publishes some of the best.

All I can give you now is, as far as I remember (although I’d then three years left to be born and only later had the ‘opinion’ of my father), didn’t the Mail also have a dabble at the General Strike.

However, anyone who shuns a newspaper because of what happened years ago is in my opinion a bit sad. For example, there will be some Liverpudlians who will never again either buy, beg, steal or read the Sun because of one occasion when its editorial staff apparently told the truth. Need I say more?

Well said! But (a) how can you write so positively that its news is rarely accurate and (b) ’opinion pieces’ etc.? opinion pieces are exactly what it says on the tin. Writers have opinions and the Mail in my opinion publishes some of the best.

All I can give you now is, as far as I remember (although I’d then three years left to be born and only later had the ‘opinion’ of my father), didn’t the Mail also have a dabble at the General Strike.

However, anyone who shuns a newspaper because of what happened years ago is in my opinion a bit sad. For example, there will be some Liverpudlians who will never again either buy, beg, steal or read the Sun because of one occasion when its editorial staff apparently told the truth. Need I say more?

I know for a fact that they never report on one area of Government policy correctly - say no more ;) If they are so thoroughly inaccurate on just one area, then it would suggest that other areas are not entirely factual in terms of coverage too. :o

And then it gets regurgitated in Metro next day.

As for shunning The Sun, Scousers do the right thing. Note - it's both reds and toffees who shun it. What The Sun did was akin to an American newspaper reporting the events of 9/11 a couple of days later and saying it was all the victims' fault.

Regardless of the "sanitised" state of the UK's Media at the moment, the internet bloggers are "having a Ball".

It's surprising to find out how much information is being censored from our eyes.

One of my favourite "blogs" is

Here

Just because a blog coincides with your own opinion doesn't make it any truer than what's in the papers. People start blogs for exactly the same reason as journalists write sensationalist stories; they want to tell their readers what to think.

Archived