Important question that needs answering...

My dad told me the sheep have to have there right legs shortened to stay upright on a hill, he said they took forever to reach the top as they had to spiral their way up it as they could only face one way.

I learned the truth in later years.

Cows and sheep have telescopic legs so they can adjust the length depending on the gradient of the slope or which direction they are facing.

I hope that helps.

My dad told me the sheep have to have there right legs shortened to stay upright on a hill, he said they took forever to reach the top as they had to spiral their way up it as they could only face one way.

I learned the truth in later years.

Cows and sheep have telescopic legs so they can adjust the length depending on the gradient of the slope or which direction they are facing.

I hope that helps.

Yes I read that any new born sheep will have telescopic legs, the farmers have a special equipment and after 8 weeks old the born lamb`s have them inplanted.

Hope this helps.

I can only comment on cattle. Cows don't have strong legs but bulls do. When it's really windy all the cows blow over, tumbling across fields and get blown over cliffs. If you ask a bull why he manages to stay on his feet in high winds he will tell you "we bulls wobble but we don't fall down."

The old ones are the best!:D

• 2 years later...

Archived