Gordon Ramsay in Sheffield

Erm, not saying that Gordon Ramsay is a liar or anything but since when was Cafe Rouge in Leopold Square? I'm really glad he didn't crucify the Runaway Girl, I ate there before he turned up and the food was really good (and still is). I always thought the place didn't do great because you could never really tell if it was a music place or a food place.

The staff are really good there too, I wanted to slap him for being so rude to them!

I knew Gordon would have instant respect for chef Richie Russell. I've seen Richie (and sous chef Jonil Xhaja) in the kitchen and he really is the genuine article (which is why Gordon showed him the respect of addressing him as "chef".) Horrible seeing lovely Donna crying :(

What gobsmacked me was seeing the cellars! Yog and I were suggesting putting real ale on a long time ago in order to attract the clientele from Sheffield Hallam to the bar (this is when it was still Runaway Girl) and we were told there weren't any cellars! :suspect:

I really hope they can all make it work but in the last shot Justin, Donna and Richie all looked really glum :( I've supported the venture right from the start on here and in person, and I hope it works out for them.

Erm, not saying that Gordon Ramsay is a liar or anything but since when was Cafe Rouge in Leopold Square?

You have to sometimes film just outside locations and then cut it all together to make sense, it's not deceitful it's just one of the practical aspects of filmmaking. I think one of the appeals of the show is the fact that Gordon is honest. Anyway, Family Guy's on in a bit and I need to go and make a cuppa.

What gobsmacked me was seeing the cellars! Yog and I were suggesting putting real ale on a long time ago in order to attract the clientele from Sheffield Hallam to the bar (this is when it was still Runaway Girl) and we were told there weren't any cellars! :suspect:

there are cellars, having done a couple of nights down there I can tell you (and I'm sure Justin & Donna would agree) the cellars get really warm, I think the draught is under bar cooled, so any real ale would go off really and quick and would be rank from the start.

Archived