Gordon Ramsay in Sheffield

I'm pretty sure Round Green have a shop. We passed a sign for a farm shop less than a mile from there the other day.

Yeah they do and they sell their venison direct along with a few other items, it was the Wentworth estate that I didn't think sold direct.

On the topic of Round Green, I liked the shop and the owner was very friendly and helpful but it was their policy to vac pack and freeze all their meat which I don't like.

There is a farm shop in the garden centre that sells Wentworth reared venison.

Been to the garden centre quite a lot but not recently, I'll check it out.

just wondering if those who said there was nothing wrong with the place feel a bit silly now after watching the programme and knowing the tapas they ate was re heated slop from a bucket ? :)

I was thinking the same thing. I had heard people cooing about it and the minor award(s) it had received but I went and didn't think it was that good. It wasn't terrible but certainly not worth the praise bestowed on it at the time.

After watching Kitchen Nightmares I was tempted to sport a smug look, alas I don't think it's an endearing trait.

There is a farm shop in the garden centre that sells Wentworth reared venison.

Went to the Wentworth Garden centre farm shop.

The only venison they had was wait for it......

from Round Green Farm.

Never mind, at least I got to check the place out and be tempted by the luscious hand made chocolates a few shops down.

• 1 month later...

Having been there on a girl’s night out we are so disappointed and upset. We found the food ok but overrated and overpriced and didn’t like the service, my girlfriends felt pressured to order more drinks and the staff kept coming back asking us if we wanted more drinks so it was uncomfortable. We won’t be going back. Emailed them about this and no response to both my emails, so that is why I am posting.:mad:

Emailed them about what? The fact that you found it overrated and overpriced? On the latter, perhaps you could check the prices on the menu before you go in. Regarding the former - Silversmiths is overrated by whom exactly? People who like it? Well you must admit they're entitled to their own opinion.

Or perhaps you emailed them to complain that they were giving you too much attention, personally I'd prefer that to being ignored all night.

I really don't understand your beef with the place based on what you posted. However I'm open to being enlightened....

Having been there on a girl’s night out we are so disappointed and upset. We found the food ok but overrated and overpriced and didn’t like the service, my girlfriends felt pressured to order more drinks and the staff kept coming back asking us if we wanted more drinks so it was uncomfortable. We won’t be going back. Emailed them about this and no response to both my emails, so that is why I am posting.:mad:

:loopy: . . . .

Archived