Which films do you watch over and over again?

whenever i'm ill enough to warrant sitting on the sofa all day with a duvet i always watch fred and ginger movies; watched them a lot as a family when i was little so that's probably why.

amelie aswell cause its so sweet and romantic and we all need a bit of that sometimes. if i fancy some gunplay the bourne films or die hards 1 and 3 usually find their way into the player.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fistfull of Dollars trilogy

Dirty Harry films except Dead Pool, which despite Jim Carey being killed and a cameo apperance from Guns & Roses, was poo

And on a non Clint theme I like these funnys

Monty Python's Holy Grail

Parole officer

Interstingly some above suggestions I had to force myself not to swith off & never want to see again ie

Angelas Ashes

Withnail & I

• 4 weeks later...

There are far too many to mention so I'll just go through the most usual discs in my machine.

First, I have something of a christmas ritual. I like to watch Scrooge with Alastair Sim on Christmas Eve. Alastair's portrayal of Scrooge is absolutely spot on and I love the transition from grumbling old miser to clown meister.

Second, I occasionally have a Lord of The Rings weekend. I watch all three fims on consecutive nights. I am also re-reading the novel for the fourth time. Heavy going, but beautifully written.

Third, Every year, on May 25th, the date of it's original UK Cinema release, Star War IV A New Hope. A ground breaking film and a delight, especially for the nine year old kid who is still inside me.

Finally, I don't have it on DVD any more but when I had it on video, I would watch At the Earths Core with Peter Cushing and Doug McClure. It was an awful film then and still is, but when you're eight...

By The Way, At The Earths Core, I would watch it so often, two or three times a day in fact, that the tape wore out. In retrospect, I am lucky that it wasn't the machine. My parents would have murdered me!

• 2 months later...