Pubs of yesteryear Pitsmoor

I remember getting done for playing brag in the Rock many many years ago (got fined £5 and my name in the Star) with my mates. Always known as Rock Vegas after that.

Don't often see many blokes(or lasses) playing cards nowadays, when my Dad had The Manchester in the 50's nearly all the blokes in the dram played solo, brag etc, plus dominoes of course and it was usually for money, though small stakes it was illegal as was taking the bets on the gee-gees. What other games were played in the pubs then (darts of course)

Don't often see many blokes(or lasses) playing cards nowadays, when my Dad had The Manchester in the 50's nearly all the blokes in the dram played solo, brag etc, plus dominoes of course and it was usually for money, though small stakes it was illegal as was taking the bets on the gee-gees. What other games were played in the pubs then (darts of course)

From what i remember (it was 35 years ago) you could play darts, dominoes,draughts, chess, cribbage and bridge (?) in a pub legally (no Betting allowed).

Was the landlord of the Bowling Tavern called Albert Gregg who later had the Harlequin

I was mates with there son Adrian..If it's the same family..Seem to remember his parents running the Harlaquin..Back of what was then the Manchester pub..Now renamed the harlaquin.

jt

There was a landlord at the Manchester Hotel called Walt, he had a son called Ian.Cleaning the living quarters on a saturday was my job (for my spending money).After getting married we still went in there John was the first landlord I remember, after him came Peter and Janet Flynn, then Bob and Linda. Now its called the Harlequin. Had some good nights out there and they had a good football team

No one has mentioned the Catherine Arms, although I lived just up the road in the early seventies I never dared go in (far to scarey for this teenager) but it did seem to be full of larger than life Characters.

There was a little shop attached to it were the lovely Wendy Nightingale would sometimes be behind the counter, didn't buy much there but spent a lot of time "browsing"

There was a landlord at the Manchester Hotel called Walt, he had a son called Ian.Cleaning the living quarters on a saturday was my job (for my spending money).After getting married we still went in there John was the first landlord I remember, after him came Peter and Janet Flynn, then Bob and Linda. Now its called the Harlequin. Had some good nights out there and they had a good football team

hi i use to go in the manchester in the 60s the land lord wife was a well biult woman and i think it was her sister that work behind the bar as well i met my wife in there

LESMITH, I married in 1965 age 19 and went in the Manchester after that. Do you remember any of the football team. Here are some names see if they ring any bells. Kevin Nolan,Mick Cronin. Kevins wife used to work behind the bar with a woman named Jackie Ward her husband was called Tom.

LESMITH, I married in 1965 age 19 and went in the Manchester after that. Do you remember any of the football team. Here are some names see if they ring any bells. Kevin Nolan,Mick Cronin. Kevins wife used to work behind the bar with a woman named Jackie Ward her husband was called Tom.

hi i didnt know any of the football team i work at sheffield forge just across the river and use to call in and we went in a lot at night to i can remember a couple same age as us but carnt remember there names i went in the malton mose that was the meeting place did your hubby live local ?