Pubs of yesteryear Pitsmoor

It was the Buckingham Arms it was run by Charlie and Shirley Bean for years later their son Darren was the landlord of the Gower Arms happy days

come on kev,what was the pub below the buckenham called ,the landlady was kath for the life of me i can't remember the name of it.ask jim and mary if you dont know.sheila

I lived at the top of Woodside Lane, until the Slum Clearance in the 50s. It was about 300 yds from the Pitsmoor Club so, yes, I reckon it was Pitsmoor.

No, the Limes Club was flattened years ago. It's all housing there now.

Just as an aside, I remember seeing Lilly Marlene, the stripper, push her breast into a handled pint glass and push out all the beer. Those were the days when you could afford to spill a pint.

Yes the hole in the wall was near the Wicker arches. I dont know whether its still standing though. It had a mural of what you would see if there was a hole in the wall looking towards the river,I dont know what the pub was origanally called?

It`s proper name was The Wicker Brewery.

come on kev,what was the pub below the buckenham called ,the landlady was kath for the life of me i can't remember the name of it.ask jim and mary if you dont know.sheila

Hi Sheila what about the Ellesmere that was where I had to drink when Harry Rollinson found out I was only 17 and barred me till I was 18 from The Tea Gardens:hihi:

There was a landlord at the Manchester Hotel called Walt, he had a son called Ian.Cleaning the living quarters on a saturday was my job (for my spending money).After getting married we still went in there John was the first landlord I remember, after him came Peter and Janet Flynn, then Bob and Linda. Now its called the Harlequin. Had some good nights out there and they had a good football team

Alan Ward had it too, but I can't remember if it was before or after Pete Flynn.

Hi Sheila what about the Ellesmere that was where I had to drink when Harry Rollinson found out I was only 17 and barred me till I was 18 from The Tea Gardens:hihi:

only knew keith/elaine at tea gardens kev,recall mary that had the crown kept the ellesmere.did most of my boozing on gower st.hic

LESMITH, I married in 1965 age 19 and went in the Manchester after that. Do you remember any of the football team. Here are some names see if they ring any bells. Kevin Nolan,Mick Cronin. Kevins wife used to work behind the bar with a woman named Jackie Ward her husband was called Tom.

i remember these ... there was an nice old guy in the pool room called bernard . it was my local for a good few years when flynns had it

• 3 months later...