Music - without Lyrics

Hi!

Here I am again wanting your expert knowledge! A friend has just asked me if there's any programme one can buy (Or a free download one!) to put onto the pc to burn a cd but without the lyrics, she is learning to play various musical instruments and wants to take the singing of a few cd's to be left with just the music. Does anyone have any info? Lovies ~ Angel x

Not really. When a song is made, it is comprised of seperate channels or tracks - one containing drums, one containing bass, vocals etc.

When the song is mastered to go onto a CD, all the channels are combined together.

The best thing to do is either look for karaoke CDs or get MID files of the songs from the internet.

Have you tried searching for Karaoke backing tracks... after all, that's what we're talking about here, isn't it? Some of them are created using the original band's backing track (depending on the band, of course).

Not sure where to download them, but you could try searching on Google.

Well, the information I have gained is that she wants 20's/30's songs without vocals, from what I can gather I think big band sounds too from the 30's :) She seems to be having difficulty obtaining music from this era, but trying to get it as sort of a backing track is even harder :? Thanks once more :D

Archived