The Quarter, previously Sola.

jamesogt

Well the host of the new night is also the Manager of Affinity on Facebook, who is from Hull.

There doesn`t seem to be much publicity for this night. :suspect:

Also had a email saying if I knew anything about a new pub opening up in Atterc liffe called "Identity" :suspect::suspect:

Why do peeps keep everything secret.

Well the host of the new night is also the Manager of Affinity on Facebook, who is from Hull.

Also had a email saying if I knew anything about a new pub opening up in Atterc liffe called "Identity" :suspect::suspect:

I've also heard about the 'Identity' venue which was supposed to be opening soon, but was quite surprised to hear about the Quarter, which appears to be a 'sister' gay bar to Affinity, or is it just a gay night once a week at a 'mainstream' bar?

Hi Spiderpete

There is a new late bar called Identity opening tomorrow night. Opens at 10pm I believe and is free entry. It was the old Bulldog from "gay days" in Atterliffe. Me and my girl are going with a friend of the guys who are running it. I will post on here and let you know how it went.:thumbsup:

Hi Spiderpete

There is a new late bar called Identity opening tomorrow night. Opens at 10pm I believe and is free entry. It was the old Bulldog from "gay days" in Atterliffe. Me and my girl are going with a friend of the guys who are running it. I will post on here and let you know how it went.:thumbsup:

Shame they coudn't have opened at the same time as FAB, it might have given the support that FAB needed. Though I'm not sure going back to where we were 20 years ago is such a brilliant idea.

Shame they coudn't have opened at the same time as FAB, it might have given the support that FAB needed. Though I'm not sure going back to where we were 20 years ago is such a brilliant idea.

I agree, but more people need to frequent these new places to keep them open. I love Affinity but do not like Dempseys or Lion's Lair. My favourite gay friendly bar is Roebuck Tavern, not just because my girlfriend is the chef there, but also the landlord is a close friend. The atmosphere is very gay friendly and becoming more so, with absolutely no animosity from the straight clientele.:)

Archived