The Quarter, previously Sola.

jamesogt

so should you visit all 3 tonight, quarter £5, speedqueen £10, dempseys £3 gonna be twenty quid before you buy a drink ! Just remember lions is free to get in and john dixon from speed doing warm up set from 7! So i have been told lol

Yup, the great thing about the Lion is that its always free to get in (or nearly free with the late afterparties I've been to there); but there again, I do get in free to Speedqueen.

Unfortunately I had to miss Speedqueen (AND The Quarter, and Identity's opening night), as I was away performing at a festival...

Anyone went to Identity, as I heard that their Opening Party was going to be really glamorous?

BTW, James, best of wishes in finding a new venue for Lion, hopefully somewhere near the Cultural Industries Quarter!

Well, i have to say everytime i go in lions lair it's very nice, the decor is good, the outside is good, the staff are friendly, and james is alwasy on here being very friendly and professionally responding to comments and suggestions.

I popped in to the Quarter satuday afternoo while they were putting the rainbow flag up and getting set up. I have alsways love the layout, the buiilding itself and the decor is top notch, so i reckon it will be great, my best man went on the nigth and said it was really good. After they went to xes, contrast, but how nice to have some options.

Then with speedqueen, affinity, identity, demspseys, lions lai, the old crown inn, my god are we entering the dawning ofn a new golden era. Or am i having a sugar rush from my chocolate buttons?

Then with speedqueen, affinity, identity, demspseys, lions lai, the old crown inn, my god are we entering the dawning ofn a new golden era. Or am i having a sugar rush from my chocolate buttons?

You forgot Climax (on this Saturday Viva Climax) as well.

Yes during the weekend there is a good choice now, but as always on here, peeps will moan, but thats their loss really, or maybe we just not listening to them anymore lol :P

Might have to give Identity a try as well.

My cousins OH is the manager in The Quarter, its being relaunched now as a stylish gay bar, Affinity is the offical pre-bar as The Quarter now has a 4am license. I think the £5 door charge will be on all the time on weekends now, but will check and find out for ya!

My cousins OH is the manager in The Quarter, its being relaunched now as a stylish gay bar, Affinity is the offical pre-bar as The Quarter now has a 4am license. I think the £5 door charge will be on all the time on weekends now, but will check and find out for ya!

So this means it will be a 'full time' gay bar? What will its other opening hrs be?

So this means it will be a 'full time' gay bar? What will its other opening hrs be?

Will find out for you. On speaking to him, ist actuallya full time gay bar on weekends only. Ie Friday and Saturday evenings. Its free to get in on a friday and 35 on a saturday - dont ask me why?! Me and my gf reckon its gonna be quite busy tho, they're partnered up with affinity and should be getting some good plans together in the coming weeks

Will find out for you. On speaking to him, ist actuallya full time gay bar on weekends only. Ie Friday and Saturday evenings. Its free to get in on a friday and 35 on a saturday - dont ask me why?! Me and my gf reckon its gonna be quite busy tho, they're partnered up with affinity and should be getting some good plans together in the coming weeks

35 on a saturday? Thats a bit much!

Oh by the way all new Rah Rah Rah will be in the upstairs bar of DQ Friday 5 September its gonna be different than the last lot with better DJ's and stuff! ooooh !!!

Archived