The Quarter, previously Sola.

jamesogt

We went to the quarter on saturday, the venue was great, layout perfect, classy, music was spot on..however as usual the people/atmosphere just wasnt there..so as per we went down to dempseys and it was packed! and slowly but surely everyone we had seen in the quarter filtered in..i really cant get my head round it?! why cant people in sheffield try and appreciate something new? The quarter would be fantastic if only people would support it

We went to the quarter on saturday, the venue was great, layout perfect, classy, music was spot on..however as usual the people/atmosphere just wasnt there..so as per we went down to dempseys and it was packed! and slowly but surely everyone we had seen in the quarter filtered in..i really cant get my head round it?! why cant people in sheffield try and appreciate something new? The quarter would be fantastic if only people would support it

Everyone can pretend all they want to dislike dempseys but the fact is it is always busy. It never tries to be anything its not and that suits sheffield people. When fuel came and everyone abandoned it, it struggled on and eventually bounced back, as they say old habits die hard!

Everyone can pretend all they want to dislike dempseys but the fact is it is always busy. It never tries to be anything its not and that suits sheffield people. When fuel came and everyone abandoned it, it struggled on and eventually bounced back, as they say old habits die hard!

Spot on there, people will dislike Dempseys for this or that reason, but it is always packed at the weekends, not sure about the week, i don`t go then.

It doesnt do anything outrageous, or have drag queens on, or cheap drinks, or themed weekends, it is just ......... itself, and thats what seems to attract the people.

People are friendly there, you dont get any stuck up snobs, you can basically chat to anyone. Bar staff havent changed for years, they are just themselves, they dont appear half naked, etc etc.

We are trying The Quarter this Friday, and I bet we end up in Dempseys, but shall see.

Yeah i dont dislike dempseys at all, ive had some fantastic nights there, but i think what makes the place is the people, and dempseys is where everyone goes, if the same crowd just moved location to somewhere like the quarter it would be perfect, the music is just as good, they were playing chart, rnb etc and its AIR-CONDITIONED, I came out of dempseys (which is packed with **** loads of people in a small room upstairs) sweating like id done at 10 mile run in the sahara! and the atmoshere could be exactly the same, just the surroundings better and more modern, cleaner etc..people just dont like change and thats the problem..

So the conclusion is, everyone goes to dempseys because its busy, friendly and mid priced. So why would people go elsewhere? Nights need to be built up over time and charging a fiver first night and making it free on viva climax when everyone is at the uni, then charging more for drinks than dempseys does not give much encouragement. When billionaire was launched at crystal it started free and over 4 months went up to £5 as it became the place to be. Maybe some pointers should be taken instead of trying to go straight for the kill as fuel did, all it did was kill its self off. I for one dont believe competing with nights like climax does anyone any favours, at lions i prefer to run a pre and after party and close 11 till 3, why fight it or split the few hundred people that are out? I would rather one great night as opposed to 3 mediocre ones on the same evening. And we will take whatever bonus we can on those nights, instead of trying to be greedy and take it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived