Up to date Pub Crawls information needed

Sam P

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some help... The other pub crawl posts are old now!

I need to find what people in Sheffield regard as the best pub crawls in the following areas;

Ecclesall Road/Sharrow Vale Road and around

London Road/Abbey Dale Road

Broomhill Area

Hillsborough

Woodseats area

or any other area in Sheffield..

All valid replies will be posted to the new website that we are building. We have some ideas but are not the pub crawling type (god we getting old)

Thanks

Here are some ideas, biased towards real ale pubs:

Kelham Island Area: Harlequin, Riverside, Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, Milestone, Wellington, George IV, Hillsborough Hotel

Heeley Area: Red Lion, White Lion, Sheaf View

Bradfield Bus Crawl: Nags Head (Loxley), Old Horns (High Bradfield), Plough (Low Bradfield), Royal (Dungworth), Pheasant (Stannington), Anvil (Stannington), Rawson Spring (Hillsborough)

Dore to Greenhill M17 bus crawl: Devonshire Arms (Dore), Hare & Hounds (Dore), Crown (Totley Bents), Cricket Inn (Totley Bents), Cross Scythes (Totley), Fleur de Lys (Totley), Shepley Spitfire (Totley Rise), Old Mother Redcap (Bradway), Castle Inn (Bradway), Bradway (Bradway), White Hart (Greenhill), White Swan (Greenhill).

Dronfield town: Coach & Horses, Bridge, Sidings, White Swan, Green Dragon, Blue Stoops, Victoria Inn.

Fulwood bus crawl (40/120): Rising Sun (Nether Green), Fulwood Inn, Ranmoor Inn, Fox & Duck (Broomhill), Nottingham House, Broomhill Tavern, The Place.

I'm not particularly fond of pub crawls. I like to find a good pub, GET A TABLE where we can all sit down, and work my way through the real ales.

Often, you go to another boozer and find there's nowhere to sit, or the beer's not good, or there's summat else wrong, and it means you keep having to neck your ale or else sit without a drink, because people all drink at different rates.

Woodseats...don't bother. Loads of pubs but nothing to go out of your way for. Woodseats Palace (Wetherspoons) has good ale but is a soulless place. Some of the other pubs could be ok but are a bit unfriendly. Lots of Sky TV, pub singers, karaoke, Tetleys, Stones, that sort of stuff. The ones up Derbyshire Lane, Norton Lees, are no better.Not my sort of places, which is tragic, as I live there.

Nearest good pub to us is Sheaf View at Heeley. Other Heeley pubs - White Lion I found an unfriendly place, which is a shame as it's a great pub, structurally. Red Lion and Crown I've not been in. Shakespeare is very much a local's pub. Felt like gatecrashing someone's private party. Bridge doesn't do real ale.

Archived