Wasabisai compared to the rival in leeds

Hi, I am integrating Sheffield with Leeds in this post!

Went to Leeds last Friday eve and ate at Wasabi, on Granary Wharf. Was not impressed with the place, menu or quality of food. Staff were great but overall I was disappointed.

Our own Wasabisabi knocks the pants off this one in Leeds: the hostess woman knew of our Sheffield one and said 'we nkow of it, lets hope we are better'........and they weren't.

Has anyone tried any of the others Japanese's Leeds has to offer, as I am going back up there next sat, I see Little Tokyo has good reviews......anyone? :huh:

We are going to WasabiSabi (Sheffield) tomorrow - there is one guy there who is the 'Tom Cruise in Cocktail' of chefs!! He's amazing!

If WasabiSabi is a chain, don't they have the same menu's everywhere?

The one in Leeds I went to Wasabi, not Wasabisabi. Think they want to appear to be the same, but they are not in the same league, which is disappointing as the surroundings are great but the restaurant itself wasn't given careful planning: IMO

TBH Wasabisabi on London Road is one of the best I've been to!

TBH Wasabisabi on London Road is one of the best I've been to!
Oh goody I'm pleased about that!

I've got friends coming up from London for my Birthday meal - I've never been to another Teppanyaki restaurant but they might have, so hopefully they won't be thinking that it's a poor version of somewhere they have been before ;)

Your friends will love it; see if you can arrange to have the tall thin chef at your table (I've done that before) - he's exceptional. For some reason, he always reminds me of James Coburn.....

Ade

I think we are talking about the same guy... by fluke we have always had him the 4-5 times we've been and he's amazing - but I've looked over at other people's tables and seen that the others aren't as good as him.

How do I ask for him though?! I don't know his name or anything! We have a table booked for 5pm (I didn't ring up with enough notice to get a 7pm table) I don't really know how to describe him over the phone, do you think it would be too short notice to ask once we get there? Although if we are eating at 5pm and there are 12 of us I think we will probably have almost the whole place to ourselves!

My only complaint with the Teppanyaki is that is seems very expensive for the amount of food you actually get, I know you're paying for the "performance" too, but still....

Archived