Looking for a child friendly place to eat in Hillsborough

Admiral Rodney at Loxley? or the Robin Hood at Stannington is nice, with a half-decent childrens menu (slightly better than chips 'n' nuggets anyway). Otherwise, try the Italians in Hillsborough, they are usually good with kids in the early evenings.

jump on the tram and go to the Hillsborough Hotel on Infirmary road :) The YewTree pub has a room at the back where they serve kids(or at least they used to)as well

The best child friendly pub around is the Rivelin Hotel.Good home cooking everything freshly cooked lovely garden and scenery.Best view for miles on a nice summers evening.:thumbsup:

I live five minutes away, but have never been here. Must try it.

Hello Pattricia, you should have been in tonight I have just come from there, I could have bought you a pear cider, oh sorry you are off the cider.

Anyway I have just been in the Rivelin and it was packed with diners and also outside in the beer garden, there was plenty of kids there also,

A very good beer garden when the weather is like it is just recently

Maybe next time Pattricia :hihi:

I have just been in the Rivelin and it was packed with diners and also outside in the beer garden, there was plenty of kids there also,

Last Friday? Packed ain't the word! It's been heaving all week. I'm sure the puppy attracts families.

icklesweet, it's just called The Rivelin these days (shame on you, nellie, tsk tsk), on Tofts Lane.

Archived