Clinton Woods v Rico Hoye, 4/3/05

Big Clint again fights for a world title tonight. He's up against Rico Hoye for the vacant IBF Light-Heavyweight title, and it's being show live on the BBC from the Magna Centre, Rotherham.

Anyone think he can win? And how good are Dennis Hobson and his team for getting him yet another improbable title shot?

Very unprofessional from Hoye, he had a life and death struggle to make the weight, he came in at 12st 7 and 12 ounces while Woods came in at 12st 6 dead.

Hoye managed to shift the weight in the 2 hours allowed but had to make 3 visits to the scales.

I would love to see Woods win this one but if he does it will be the hard way via a gruelling 12 round decision.

Unfortunately I'm think Hoye will win but hope Clinton can prove me wrong.

Full credit to Woods management team for securing another shot at a genuine title.

Although a fight with Calzaghe would probably a big pay day it is one that I don't think Woods could ever win.

Originally posted by vidster

I think Clinton will win tonight and then go on to fight Calzaghe. It will be the biggest domestic fight this year IMO ;).

I think Hatton v Witter could rival that one! Not going to happen though. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lickszz

Although a fight with Calzaghe would probably a big pay day it is one that I don't think Woods could ever win.

I would have to agree!. Even though Calzaghe would have to come up in weight, he has the superior power and speed.

Originally posted by Lickszz

I think Hatton v Witter could rival that one! Not going to happen though.

Again i agree!. There's no way Oscar would let him fight Hatton. I think Hatton would be too much for Witter anyway ;).

Brilliant!

It's the best I've ever seen him perform. Tactically spot on, nice and compact.

Hoye on the otherhand fought like a novice, horrible tactics.

Now Woods is as one of the genuine world championship belts, but doesn't appear to have a TV deal. :confused:

Very impressed with David Haye tonight also.

I like David Hoye...He is a fantastic prospect... And has punching power to spare!.

I also like Enzo Maccarinelli!. I would go as far as to say one (if not both) of these fighters could go all the way to the top!

What a great performance against Rico Hoye,Clinton tore Hoya apart & is the New Light Heavweight Champion Of The World Well Done Clinton.Sheffield is proud of you.Also everyone has been asking what happened to the Wednesday Band well they were making a right noise at the fight,such a racket should not be allowed,I wanted to watch the fight in peace but all I heard was this band banging on.They should be banned from all sports.

Archived