Clinton Woods v Rico Hoye, 4/3/05

Watched it - F A N T A S T I C work Clinton! Deserved.

What a completely top bloke Clinton came over as in the post match interview, and what a terrific 'normal' couple he & his wife look to be.

Good luck mate!

A paragon of how local boxing stars should be :wink:

Thought it was funny the way the commontater kept referring to the Magnum Centre :hihi:

Well done to Cliton Woods, we are all very proud of you in Sheffield. Also well done to Dennis Hobson for not allowing the BBC to hijack Clintons moment by having Joe Calzaghe beg for a shot at the title. Seems Joe will have to wait, as Bunce said Clinton should have an easy night against a no-hooper before he thinks about Calzaghe. Then and only then should he bring Calzaghe to Sheffield for a "reet yorksha welcome".

Who is the old punk in the Woods camp? The Clash when he fought Johnson and The Jam when he fougt last night.

Originally posted by nitelife40

yeah i know but those who dont venture into the sport section wont know what weve got in sheffield to be proud of will they .just this once lets spread the good news eh? :thumbsup:

True :D We got a new champion :clap:

Just waiting for someone to ask who this bloke is :suspect:

saw the fight last night. quality stuff.

i went to the same school as him, sparred with him a few times and used to work with his brother, so i was very proud to see him last night.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived