Owler Greave Road???

Hi, I don't live in Sheffield or know the area but would like to know if this is still in existence, would the house still be there???

My great great grandmother Christiana CHAPPEL lived there, according to the 1901 Census, with her widowed daughter Kate? PARROT and her 2 children, and her son Willie? CHAPPEL. Maybe someone can relate to these people???

Does anyone have links to Christiana COCKSHUTT/COCKSHAW/GUEST/CHAPPEL????

Hi, I don't live in Sheffield or know the area but would like to know if this is still in existence, would the house still be there???

My great great grandmother Christiana CHAPPEL lived there, according to the 1901 Census, with her widowed daughter Kate? PARROT and her 2 children, and her son Willie? CHAPPEL. Maybe someone can relate to these people???

Does anyone have links to Christiana COCKSHUTT/COCKSHAW/GUEST/CHAPPEL????

I have looked at the census entry and her son is down as William Chappel age 23 a coal miner.

Owler Greave Road is not there now but it was in the area around the junction of Staniforth Road and Price of Wales Road where Main Road is. At one time it seems that area was called Owler Greave. It was in the district called Darnall and is in Sheffield 9 post code area. If you type Main Road, Sheffield into google maps it will find it for you.

John

Archived