Shirecliffe History

AnnH

My mum was brought up on the Shirecliffe, she was born in 1931, one of nine sisters most of whom are now deceased. Her name before marriage was Patricia Malone. When I next see her I will ask her what her memories were.

• 10 years later...

Hi, don't know if anyone still looks at this! I went to Shirecliffe between 2001 and 2004. Both me and my boyfriend were in the same class there. Mr Dagnall was head teacher then Mr Cole. I had just started there when 9.11 happened and we were all gathered in the hall and were told about it. Had some good memories there!

I went to the nursery school round the back of Shirecliffe school around 1961/1962.  The teacher I can remember was miss paddling (or something similar). I do remember he being lovely and patient.

I used to go to the Shirecliffe Community Centre (Shirecliffe Road)  on Sundays in late 1963 when they had music, dancing and local groups. I went with my then girlfriend Barbara Pilling who lived on Miles Road.

3 hours ago, St Petre said:

I used to go to the Shirecliffe Community Centre (Shirecliffe Road)  on Sundays in late 1963 when they had music, dancing and local groups. I went with my then girlfriend Barbara Pilling who lived on Miles Road.

Did Barbara leave you for a potato farmer? :hihi:

• 7 months later...
On 30/07/2008 at 09:11, AnnH said:

Mr Mumby seems to have left people with extreme feelings of love/loyalty or terror/resentment. What do you remember him for?

Got 6 strokes of the cane from Mr Mumby, but I did deserve it, so no hard feelings.

Edited by patto
Sausage fingers