The blades signings this summer?

scottf

What does everyone think of the signings this summer so far?

Henderson, i think this kid could be a great player but he needs to strike up an understanding with BT very ealy or he could turn into a "last 10 minutes" kinda player like gareth taylor turned into.

Jihai- again- i think he will do will in the squad, but it depends on where KB plays him- i don't think he is the midfielder that we hoped was coming

Halford- can't really comment yet, not seen enough of him but the talent must be there to persuade people to have paid that much money for him in the past?

What else do you think were missing? or do you think we should be letting some players go?

Watford fans are not very happy at their club selling Henderson to us. And personally, I think it's a good signing.

Agree with you on Jihai. Will he keep Speed out of midfield? I doubt it. We need a young midfielder and Jihai doesn't fill that requirement. A squad player at best although rumours abound that Brown might be coming back if and when we part with some decent cash for Cotterill. If that's true, then okay; but he's not exactly young is he?

I still think we need more cover in the centre-half area and the one player I'd drive to the station would be Keith Gillespie.

But I see no harm in sticking with what we have and then investing and improving around Christmas should it be deemed necessary.

some good players bought this year, i'm happy, can see us turning Birmingham City over in a few weeks, 0-4 they'll think were a walk in the park, but they forget how tough the championship is and EVERYBODY will be out to show them up

I think the first game is a good time to play them at st andrews- before they get into there stride and walk the league.

Or when they have to prove to their fans that they're going to do well this season.

Hit the ground running, y'know ;):P

What does everyone think of the signings this summer so far?

Henderson, i think this kid could be a great player but he needs to strike up an understanding with BT very ealy or he could turn into a "last 10 minutes" kinda player like gareth taylor turned into.

Jihai- again- i think he will do will in the squad, but it depends on where KB plays him- i don't think he is the midfielder that we hoped was coming

Halford- can't really comment yet, not seen enough of him but the talent must be there to persuade people to have paid that much money for him in the past?

What else do you think were missing? or do you think we should be letting some players go?

We're missing one guy and i really hope we get him, he goes by the name of.....................David Cotterill, if we do sign him then i have a feeling that this is gonna be a great season for us ;)

UTB :thumbsup:

ps if the rumours are true about Brown coming back to Bramall lane, then i'd welcome him back with open arms :D

Blades top signing this year has got to be the 'top' Barnsley reserve striker Ferencic to United's 'top' Hungarian team Ferencvaros.:hihi:

Well done Chelsea on the 7-0 thrashing of the newly promoted Chinese premiership team Chicken Dung Blades.:hihi:

(It's a breeding ground for future United signings) ... har, har, har, har har!!

Close game then!!!!:hihi::hihi:

Blades top signing this year has got to be the 'top' Barnsley reserve striker Ferencic to United's 'top' Hungarian team Ferencvaros.:hihi:

Well done Chelsea on the 7-0 thrashing of the newly promoted Chinese premiership team Chicken Dung Blades.:hihi:

(It's a breeding ground for future United signings) ... har, har, har, har har!!

Close game then!!!!:hihi::hihi:

And you complain to me about people dragging this section of the forum down and being childish?

Well done.

Archived