Where are you all now? Moorfoot gang.

Regarding the Water Lane steps I did not realize it happened frequently, I was taken there in my teens on the word/description of a very shady character from the Barleycorn pub. They kicked me down the steps. dragged me up and kicked me down a few times trying to get me to admit to something I did not do. They then realized they had the wrong person (I think they caught the culprit) and threw me out into the street without apology.

makes you wonder how many were on first name terms with those steps:confused:

The Water Lane nicks' steps were a local phenomenon that everyone knew about. I never went there, never knew any policemen or had any involvement with the place but I knew about these famous steps and heard many a joke involving them.

Grannypat

sorry not me was a bit too young and the name was bob wragg and he lived near the barracks off shoreham street

---------- Post added 13-11-2014 at 21:20 ----------

no he got away with it, they just sent him home after 'slopping out'

I used to know a Bob Wragg, he lived on a road near the old Edmund Road Drill Hall. Me and a friend called Pete Simmonite, who was Bob's cousin, used to go to Bob's house when we were about 9 or 10 years old.

Years later, probably in the 70's, I was working on a building site and worked with Bob for a few weeks. He was a bricklayer.

I used to know a Bob Wragg, he lived on a road near the old Edmund Road Drill Hall. Me and a friend called Pete Simmonite, who was Bob's cousin, used to go to Bob's house when we were about 9 or 10 years old.

Years later, probably in the 70's, I was working on a building site and worked with Bob for a few weeks. He was a bricklayer.

that's the one, I was with him for quite a few years and we had 3 daughters, he died of throat cancer aged 64 about 7 years ago

that's the one, I was with him for quite a few years and we had 3 daughters, he died of throat cancer aged 64 about 7 years ago

So sorry to hear that. We had some good times as kids, and I enjoyed his company for that short time on site. Regards, T.

So sorry to hear that. We had some good times as kids, and I enjoyed his company for that short time on site. Regards, T.

my grandson is trying to build a family tree and we have had no contact with the Wragg side of the family for many years so I wondered if you have any info on them it would be apreciated:help:

my grandson is trying to build a family tree and we have had no contact with the Wragg side of the family for many years so I wondered if you have any info on them it would be apreciated:help:

Pete Simmonite who I used to go Bob's with, was Bob's cousin. Pete died a few years ago, but his Widow and one of his Daughters live near a friend of mine. Pete's Sister Pam lives somewhere around where I live and I see her occasionally. I'll see if they know any details. Regards, T.

Pete Simmonite who I used to go Bob's with, was Bob's cousin. Pete died a few years ago, but his Widow and one of his Daughters live near a friend of mine. Pete's Sister Pam lives somewhere around where I live and I see her occasionally. I'll see if they know any details. Regards, T.

thanks much appreciated, will you ask which side of the family his mum's or dad's please. What area of Sheffield are you in ?

thanks much appreciated, will you ask which side of the family his mum's or dad's please. What area of Sheffield are you in ?

I'll ask next time I go down to my friends' house, Or if I see Pam first. I don't know exactly where she lives though, so it'll be a case of bumping into her. I'll do my best!

I live in S8.