Looking for a pub/venue for hire with beer garden for christening

icklesweet

I am looking for a contemporay place to hold my baby's christening next summer. I am discounting places such as the Jubillee, hillsborough sports arena etc etc and any sort of WMC in north of sheffield. I would ideally like some thats a little upmarket such as staindrop lodge etc but something with a beer garden and without such a hefty price tag.

Not that i am a snob or anything as I frequent these places all the time, but you know when you have set your mind to this idea of where you want to have the venue, but right now cannot think of a thing.

Hope someone can give me any ideas. preferabley in the north of sheffield

i didn't ask for your sarcy comments, no the baby is not being baptised with beer, this advert is simply for a nice venue after the ceremony. A beer garden is wanted so the children don't have to spend a few hours in the pub!!

Try the pubs in Wentworth village.I had my 40th at Rockingham Arms-a buffet lunch.Everyone commented on how good the food was and I thought it was reasonable.I know The George puts up marquees in its beer garden.Can't get more upmarket than Wentworth really.Hope you have a lovely day!!:wave:

Hi

I own Bluwater and have done plenty of christenings, we are more of a bar that does really good food than a pub but if you have a brief i can offer some prices.

Ielow I have attached a couple of links, one a recnt review in the telegraph and the second a "spin Sheffield" pic of victoria quays inc. Bluwater

prices vary with numbers, style of event, catering, date and time etc etc

Bob

http://www.spinsheffield.com/tours/Victoria_Quays/1

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/foodguide/Blu-heaven-by-the-canal.4181235.jp

I am looking for a contemporay place to hold my baby's christening next summer. I am discounting places such as the Jubillee, hillsborough sports arena etc etc and any sort of WMC in north of sheffield. I would ideally like some thats a little upmarket such as staindrop lodge etc but something with a beer garden and without such a hefty price tag.

Not that i am a snob or anything as I frequent these places all the time, but you know when you have set your mind to this idea of where you want to have the venue, but right now cannot think of a thing.

Hope someone can give me any ideas. preferabley in the north of sheffield

The guy who recommends the Wentworth pubs is spot on. The George and Dragon has the best garden by far, it's huge, and you can hire part of it for private parties. There's a lot of kids activities there, climbing frames and the like, plus the food and drink is very good and not expensive.

It's not so "contemporary" though, more traditional in style. But worth checking it out.

Archived