Tapas Restaurants in Sheffield

jamesf1982

Spinrocs in Crookes was very good. Ive not been in since new management took over but ive heard its still very good

I was in there last night with a big party and we thought it was great. Must go again with Mrs F. and order lots when I don't have to share it :hihi:

sounds like Platillos is my best option then. i thought it was part of a chain- clearly i was wrong!

I love it there, the food is really good and I would rate it one of the better tapas places I've been too. The veggie stuff is brilliant, though I do think that the meat dishes seem to lack in flavour compared to them, which is strange as I'm a big meat eater and normally prefer meat dishes.

My favourite has to be the red pepper and goats cheese one. I took my mum there after going a few times with big parties and it was nice to choose my own dishes though (I don't eat fish) we had 7 dishes all together + bread and dip and could not eat all of it, I think 5/6 would have been enough.

My boyfriend and I took his younger sisters to Platillos last night and weren't overly impressed. The selection of dishes was good (though not all that spanish) but that's about all. My boyfriend commented on how clearly I was speaking when I made the reservation but they still wrote my name 'Mary' down as 'Mars' which was a bit bizarre but funny. We ordered 9 dishes between us and whilst some of them were nice enough the meatballs were just like the ones I had from cans as a child, the patatas bravas was nothing compared to Cubana's and we weren't impressed with most of them and my cocktail was horrible (I love cocktails and liked all the ingredients inside it just wasn't made well), most if not all the food was cold aswell. The waitress was a bit clueless and when collecting out plates at the end accidentally threw some tomato sauce covered cutlery at my boyfriends back and spent ages trying to work out what to do about it (eventually gave me some wet tissues which disintergrated) and then seemed really grumpy with us (presumably she was embarrased). I also thought the music was far too loud and made it very difficult for us to hear each other. It wasn't a horrible experience by any stretch but having gone on the back of reviews on here we were disappointed and won't go again, especially as there are so many other places to go.

Archived