How much is your electricity bill per month?

Seems pretty high to me. Our is £200 quarter and we have a relatively big house with 4 people living in it, 2 of whom are at home all day. Do you know if this is an estimate or if they have read the main meter (wherever that may be) and your part of it ?

The 'deal' I've got is through Scottish Power and it's an online account (since withdrawn). I get an email every three months prompting me to enter my own readings. This way I can keep tabs on my usage and bills and hopefully ensure I don't owe a huge lump at the anniversary (which always seems to be the case).

For the first time since owning my own home (1996), the central heating stays off until we need hot water or the radiators on (in the latter case, something we've not needed for around three months now).

It would be nice to think I can keep on top of my bills (and as I said, I'm locked in for three years so any future increase shouldn't affect me).

Oh ok, so ive been screwed then! I just paid it without thinking.

I bet there is 0% chance of getting any of that back then?

I guess i need to find out where this meter is then.

Maybe just because we have moved in new this bill is from March until Now which would be 5 months making it £70 a month, is that more likely?

ooooohh im getting all anoyed now amd im stuck at work so i cant ring n power and be mad at them ! lol

Oh ok, so ive been screwed then! I just paid it without thinking.

I bet there is 0% chance of getting any of that back then?

I guess i need to find out where this meter is then.

Maybe just because we have moved in new this bill is from March until Now which would be 5 months making it £70 a month, is that more likely?

ooooohh im getting all anoyed now amd im stuck at work so i cant ring n power and be mad at them ! lol

They've probably based your bill on an estimated reading, so find your meter and get it read, they may have charged you for what they think you've used, rather than what you've actually used. (There'll be an 'E' next to the reading on your bill usually if it IS an estimate)

On the other hand, you might have used more - either way, find the meter and read it to check, because if you've underpaid they'll want it back eventually, and if you've overpaid, they'll credit your account making your next bill a hell of a lot smaller.

The Electric for my 2 bed terrace is about £30p/m, and Gas about half that, so you do seem to be paying quite a lot for a flat.

Archived