How much is your electricity bill per month?

ok, i need to get on the phone to n power!

You'll be lucky. Set aside two hours to go through their long waiting system, and at your expense.

Southern Electric is far cheaper than npower AND they have a freephone number AND someone answers within a couple of minutes, AND without me asking they sent 4 low energy bulbs through the post free of charge.

I can't understand why anyone is still with npower or British Gas when there are much cheaper and better options availble.

Keith

I can't understand why anyone is still with npower or British Gas when there are much cheaper and better options availble.

Keith

Please read my post above to see why I am sticking with British Gas.

Also I get a box of 4 light bulbs every year FREE:D

Please can those of you who are paying less than £100 for both gas & electric for a 3 bedroom house tell me who your supplier is ?

We pay £47 per month electric & £80 per month gas for a 3 bed mid terraced with EDF.

We were previously with British Gas which was even more expensive. Does the type of heating system make a big difference ? Currently we have an old water tank type heating system, does upgrading to a combi make a huge amount of difference ?

Thanks.

3 bed semi - 3 adults , gas/elec both with npower -

£15 fortnight gas (quarterly bill) -

£10-£15 fortnight elec ( pre-payment meter so we turn lights off etc, works out approx £1 day ( last year we had £95 refund on pre-payment meter! how, don't know?)

combi boiler and central heating turned off from april till oct

* the pre-payment meter was in when we moved, never got around to asking npower to take it out cos it means we think about what elec we are using, only downside is the meter man comes round every three months on the dot to read it

Please read my post above to see why I am sticking with British Gas.

Also I get a box of 4 light bulbs every year FREE:D

Yes but your situation is an exception as you are on a fixed rate.

I would be interested to know what problems you had when changing suppler. I have changed twice with no problem at all.

Keith

3 bed semi - 3 adults , gas/elec both with npower -

£15 fortnight gas (quarterly bill) -

£10-£15 fortnight elec ( pre-payment meter so we turn lights off etc, works out approx £1 day ( last year we had £95 refund on pre-payment meter! how, don't know?)

combi boiler and central heating turned off from april till oct

* the pre-payment meter was in when we moved, never got around to asking npower to take it out cos it means we think about what elec we are using, only downside is the meter man comes round every three months on the dot to read it

I used to have a card pre payment meter with npower and they took out 39 pence everday as a standing charge. Southern Electric only take out 12 pence a day standing charge. This alone is a massive saving over the year.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

My gas is £33 a month, my electric was £14 but it's fallen behind with the current increases so they've DOUBLED it to £28 now... think they have put the gas up to £38 this month.

2 bedroom maisonette flat, 1 person. I turn most appliances off all day and night (except Fridge/Freezer obv and washer which is a sod to get to) I rarely have my telly on perhaps 1 hr a night max, am out a lot but i do have my computer turned on whenever i'm in the house 3/4 hours a night 3/4 times a week. It's the gas that gets me... i turn the water on for about an hour a day and cooking :hihi: is a rare event... i dunno where it's all going.

elec between 50-60 a month - british gas (token meter) used to be a bit more until we started switching everything off at sockets and stopped leaving things on stand by

gas £62 a month n power (direct debit)

3 bed semi

Archived