GAP - in town, what's happened to it?

Gone probably.

GAP as a company have had bad press for years, over the way they produce their stock, apparently they run sweat shops in China and the like, paying people slave wages to work and make clothes for them all day.

It's shut down! The store premises were apparently crap for trading from as there's not much ground floor retail space. I think it's going to be a bank!

Won't miss it, the stuff was over priced (especially the kids' stuff!) and is just made in the same sweat shops that every other shop gets their gear from.

It's shut down! The store premises were apparently crap for trading from as there's not much ground floor retail space. I think it's going to be a bank!

Won't miss it, the stuff was over priced (especially the kids' stuff!) and is just made in the same sweat shops that every other shop gets their gear from.

Good kiddies' clothes sales though, it's the only time I ever bought anything.

I don't shop there but it is typical of Sheffield that it cannot support a shop like this but put a Next Clearance, Primark or Greggs there and most Sheffield people would love it.

And people wonder why HN, Selfridges etc won't open up in Sheffield.

Yeah, it's shut down completely. I think GAP are having problems anyway (I don't buy the complaint about the unit not being right). They've also closed stores in Hull and Leicester and are looking to close in other locations too...

Why the hell we would want a Barcleys to open there however is a completely different question... :(