GAP - in town, what's happened to it?

Isn't there one at Meadowhall now? That may have a baring on the decision to close the city centre shop if there is.

I may be wrong or it may have been there for years. I don't go to meadowhall very often.

Not only that, but we were recently in Edinburgh and the GAP there was shutting down, so its by no means a Sheffield only phenomenon.

Personally, I'll be glad to see the back of the place. If she were able, my OH would live there and I've seen all the overpriced, cheese cloth and linen, dull as ditch water, geography teacher chic clothing I can stomach for one life time...

I don't shop there but it is typical of Sheffield that it cannot support a shop like this but put a Next Clearance, Primark or Greggs there and most Sheffield people would love it.

If we are talking about Greggs as in bread and sandwiches, I was surprised to see the other day that Greggs at Broomhill has closed down. When I went past there at lunchtimes, people seemed to be queuing out onto the pavement.

Before they came, there was always a perfectly good local bakers/sandwich shop called Collins just along the road, but that closed down (perhaps become of competition from Greggs) and has now become a Subway. Bring back the locals, I say.

GAP, horrible place, horrible clothes. To me they all looked as though they were designed with lumberjacks in mind :hihi:

Do you remember though, they spent about a years refurbing it before they moved in, so they made it the way they wanted it. :huh: It used to be Timpson's Shoes when I war a lass :D

I don't shop there but it is typical of Sheffield that it cannot support a shop like this but put a Next Clearance, Primark or Greggs there and most Sheffield people would love it.

And people wonder why HN, Selfridges etc won't open up in Sheffield.

Well from working in the head office of a leading retail brand generally it is because Sheffield city centre has no late opening hours. And that's it really.

I've never worked for GAP myself but I know quite a few people who did/do. The shop on Pinstone Street had MAJOR problems with management, HR, staff attitudes, bullying etc etc. As far as I know the shop was a utter basket case which may have contributed to it shutting down...

GAP, horrible place, horrible clothes. To me they all looked as though they were designed with lumberjacks in mind :hihi:

Do you remember though, they spent about a years refurbing it before they moved in, so they made it the way they wanted it. :huh: It used to be Timpson's Shoes when I war a lass :D

I agree Rubes, the clothes are very drab and unappealing. As you know I like to dress with a splash of colour.:D

However, it was a great place for kiddies' clothes, provided they were on sale. At full price they were having a laugh.

Who needs Gap for kids clothes when Squirts on Ecclesall Road have a 70% off end of season sale starting tomorrow, fantastic girls and boys clothes from birth to age 16years, designers include Timberland, DKNY, Kenzo, Guess, Quiksilver, Roxy,Miss Sixty, French Connection and many more... Free Parking outside until 4.00pm (store is opposite Sommerfield Supermarket) sale on until 9th August. Prices start from approx £3.00......

Who needs Gap for kids clothes when Squirts on Ecclesall Road have a 70% off end of season sale starting tomorrow, fantastic girls and boys clothes from birth to age 16years, designers include Timberland, DKNY, Kenzo, Guess, Quiksilver, Roxy,Miss Sixty, French Connection and many more... Free Parking outside until 4.00pm (store is opposite Sommerfield Supermarket) sale on until 9th August. Prices start from approx £3.00......

Oooh, I've never noticed this place & I live just off Eccy Road.

*gets all excited at prospect of a spending spree*