My family history research

As the title says, I've been researching my family history for some time now and have had no success at all with my paternal side.

I'm posting on here in the hope that someone is a member of the family I'm researching.

My grandmother Ethel Goodison was born in 1884, she married Walter Wildgoose and they had children:

Lily born 1908

Albert (Bert) 1911

Minnie born 1915

Sadly, Walter was a WW1 casualty and, when Ethel died in 1923 the above children were taken in by family members.

Are there any Goodison or Wildgoose descendants who are forummers please?

If anyone has any information I'd be really grateful, pm me if you prefer as it is purely for my own private family history research.

Duffems

There is a burial in the Heeley Parish Church records of -

Ephraim Goodison, April 1893 age 11 years. Also a birth in the same year-

Sydney son of Sydney & Ethel Ann Goodison. Baptised October 1893.

Possible parents & brothers of your Ethel Goodison.

Thanks for that Cynthia, it's very kind of you.

Fortunately, I know my grandmother Ethel Goodison's parents, in fact, I have managed to get back a bit further than them into my Atkin line. The problem I have is with more recent family i.e. the descendants of Ethel Wildgoose (nee Goodison).

I would like to make contact with anyone who is descended from Ethel's children:

Lily, Albert & Minnie.

Regards,

Duffems.

Thanks metalman, I think that information is some which I supplied some time ago to the person doing the Wildgoose research. She wasn't aware of this Sheffield branch of the of the Wildgooses (or is it Wildgeese!) until I gave her the information.

It's the living relatives of the Grocutt line or any other relatives descended from Walter & Ethel I'd like to make contact with.

Duffems.

As the title says, I've been researching my family history for some time now and have had no success at all with my paternal side.

I'm posting on here in the hope that someone is a member of the family I'm researching.

My grandmother Ethel Goodison was born in 1884, she married Walter Wildgoose and they had children:

Lily born 1908

Albert (Bert) 1911

Minnie born 1915

Sadly, Walter was a WW1 casualty and, when Ethel died in 1923 the above children were taken in by family members.

Are there any Goodison or Wildgoose descendants who are forummers please?

If anyone has any information I'd be really grateful, pm me if you prefer as it is purely for my own private family history research.

Duffems

was there not also a son called Walter... according to Ancestry there was a Walter Wildgoose born in the 1st quarter of 1913...mothers maiden name...Goodison.

Thanks for finding that one Devlin, I had looked and couldn't find him. My mother, who knows a little about my father's background said that there was another child who died in a house fire but, we don't know when so this must be that child.

Some more bits of information are:

Lily Wildgoose married ? Grocutt, 2 children

Albert Wildgoose married Elizabeth ? 1 child

Minnie Wildgoose married ?? 1 child

This is the only information I have on this family so I'd be really grateful to find any living relatives of these please.

Duffems

Duffems,

Lily Wildgoose married Cyril C Grocutt in 1928, they had Doreen Grocutt in 1930 and Darrell W Grocutt in 1943 both born in Chesterfield.

Albert Wildgoose married Elizabeth Memmott in 1935 I have searched right up to 1960 but cannot find any Wildgoose children with a mother's maiden as Memmott.

Minnie Wildgoose married William Shaw in 1935. What a mammoth task!! for each quarter of births there are hundreds of entrie!! I have got to 1937 and have found Graham Shaw born 1937 mother Wildgoose, but will coninue this when I have more time.

It is likely that some of these or at least another generation are round and about. Can you follow some of these up ?? give me a shout if you need anymore help

There's also a Thomas G Wildgoose born 1923 Sheffield (Ecclesall Bierlow) mothers maiden name is Goodinson (note the N) this could be that parents were illiterate or simply it has been mistranscribed??

My view when researching is dont discard anyone until you have actual proof they are not your's

Martin

There's also a Thomas G Wildgoose born 1923 Sheffield (Ecclesall Bierlow) mothers maiden name is Goodinson (note the N) this could be that parents were illiterate or simply it has been mistranscribed??

My view when researching is dont discard anyone until you have actual proof they are not your's

Martin

Thanks Gingerbarf, that's my father whose birth was registered after his mother's death, she died just 5 weeks after his birth. You're right in as much as the "n" in Goodison threw me too so I obtained the birth certificate which gave the address which matched his mother's death certificate.

The problem I have is finding any living relatives of his siblings, Lily, Albert & Minnie.

With the information kindly provided on here I may be able to take a step forward to find out more about my father's natural family.

Any Goodison/Wildgoose people on here related to these people please?

Regards,

Duffems.

Archived