My family history research

Hi again Duffems,

I do not think that the Walter Wildgoose born 1913 was the child killed in a fire (could there have been other children?) and cannot find a Walter in deaths in the right time frame. Therefore, I think that this Walter went on to Marry Florence M Wescott in Sheffield in 1930. They then had Roy 1930, Maureen 1935 and Norma 1943.

Anyway, the Doreen Grocutt born in 1930 went on to marry Keith Hibbert in Chesterfield in 1952 and they had Christine A. 1954 and Michael A. 1957. Incidentally there is still a Michael A Hibbert in the Chesterfield area but will PM you details as I dont want to post on here. Darrell Grocutt married Sandra A White in 1965 but I have not had time to search for any births. However. 192.com suggests he is on the 2008 electoral register but I don't know where. It is not Sheff or Chesterfield but if you type in Darrell W Grocutt and leave the area blank he appears with Sandra A and Ian. You could buy 192 credits to access his address?

Hello DUFFEM

Do you already have this marriage from St Pauls Norton Lees.

25/12/1907 WILDGOOSE Walter 24 bachelor Father George

GOODISON Ethel 23 sp Father. John dec.

Tuppie

Thanks Tuppie. I have that certificate, that's how I know that it's my grandmother and her husband Walter, they are the parents of Lily, Albert & Minnie but, Walter isn't my grandfather.

Regards,

Duffems.

Hi again Duffems,

I do not think that the Walter Wildgoose born 1913 was the child killed in a fire (could there have been other children?) and cannot find a Walter in deaths in the right time frame. Therefore, I think that this Walter went on to Marry Florence M Wescott in Sheffield in 1930. They then had Roy 1930, Maureen 1935 and Norma 1943.

Anyway, the Doreen Grocutt born in 1930 went on to marry Keith Hibbert in Chesterfield in 1952 and they had Christine A. 1954 and Michael A. 1957. Incidentally there is still a Michael A Hibbert in the Chesterfield area but will PM you details as I dont want to post on here. Darrell Grocutt married Sandra A White in 1965 but I have not had time to search for any births. However. 192.com suggests he is on the 2008 electoral register but I don't know where. It is not Sheff or Chesterfield but if you type in Darrell W Grocutt and leave the area blank he appears with Sandra A and Ian. You could buy 192 credits to access his address?

Apparently, there weren't other children just one who died in a house fire which I assumed was this Walter, he died as a child.

Thank you all for your input. If I don't reply immediately it's because I'm having Internet problems which is providing me only with intermittent access to read replies.

Hopefully, you have received my replies and I'll be back on-line shortly Talktalk permitting!!

Regards,

Duffems

Thanks Lucy, yes I have that, I also have his Attestation Papers. Although Walter is not my grandfather he was my grandmother's husband so I obtained his details to determine that he was her husband.

My grandmother was Ethel Goodison born 1884, she married Walter Wildgoose 25.12.1907, I have the certificate.

I'm ultimately trying to find any descendants of Walter & Ethel to find any living relatives for my family history research.

With information kindly supplied by Devlin I have some names to perhaps contact now.

Regards,

Duffems

• 2 months later...

Archived