Severn trent best tapwater

Severn Trent tap water has been named the best tasting in the country by a panel of chefs and sommeliers.

The company, which covers Birmingham, Derbyshire, Gloucestershire, Nottingham, Leicester and parts of mid-Wales, also came well ahead of mineral water in the test.

Michelin-star holder Tom Aikens praised it for its 'fresh, clean taste', while Richard Rotti, head of wines at Annabel's, said it was 'beautifully pure, a mountain stream of freshness'.

yorkshire water came 8th out of 10

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/31/article-1040092-022053F100000578-428_468x506.jpg

Much of Severn Trent's water comes out of Ladybower, as some-one who has fished it regularly for years I know what goes in the water, I wouldn't expect it to taste good - 'beautifully pure, a mountain stream of freshness' - I don't think so

Our tap water is from Yorkshire Water and that too tastes awful.

Interesting article

Can believe it to be true

I don't believe it is true either.

I worked at Thames Water very recently and they were celebrating being top of the charts for water etc.

Ah, just re-read, best tasting and best quality are two different things altogether! :)

• 3 years later...

There is no way Severn Trent water is the best tasting and if it is I'm so glad I don't have to taste the other suppliers' and I'm definitely NOT trusting the so called "Expert Michelin-star" chefs to cook for me as their taste buds are obviously destroyed. Over the last 5 years or so the water has tasted earthy and dirty when left out for 10 minutes in a glass which is a sign of certain types of algae, fungi, and bacteria growing in the water supply that excrete small amounts of chemicals into the water that cause a musty, moldy, or earthy taste and odor. The two most common chemicals being geosmin and methylisoborneal, so they're obviously not filtering it correctly yet every year they demand their payments, it's criminal! And this isn't just in 1 property, I've lived in many places over the last 5 years across the whole of Birmingham and ALL of them have had a **** tasting water supply, 1 day we'll end up being like most foreign countries where the water won't be drinkable at all and the companies will still expect their payments

Archived