Denis Hobson

Hi gailhobson

I assume you are related to Denis? Perhaps you could let him know that a friend from years ago (Don Mallinder) passed away about 18 months ago.

Thanks

Hello again AnneDD,i just spoke to Denis on the phone and passed your message on to him,he remembered the name straight away and says he is very sorry to hear that he has passed away and thank you for letting him know.

• 2 years later...
i knew all these guys... ray morgan , bob green, alan hardy the late mick chrich and the late alfie hales i used to work at montgomery hotel in the 80s and had the pleasure of meeting them all

I used to go in the Montgomery when you worked there and knew all these plus JB and loads more.

Very good times indeed.

• 3 years later...
chris benson might be the arthritis one, jacky hudson may be the ex boxer .

back onto denis , i still see him often , he and his family are nice people and good company .as for ray morgan , Ray lives at shortferry and is ok after a heart bypass a few years ago . hope to see deniss today he will be amused to hear about his fame on sheffield forum .

Ray Morgan passed away fairly recently. Think his funeral was at Lincoln Cathedral. Denis was one of the few people to defeat Ray, in a famous punch up behind a pub on't Cliffe...

My father knew them both well..