Denis Hobson

I am sorry to say Dennis Hobson snr passed away last night after a lengthy battle with Cancer.He was one of the nicest fun people who I have ever known.He loves Sheffield and was a popular person and became well known all over the city.He loved to have a laugh and never lost that all through his battle.His love for music was unbelievable he was always singing Sinatra songs and he wasn't bad at singing.He is a Legend of our City and will be talked about for years to come.He will be sadly missed but never ever forgotten.

Well said.

On Saturday 21st January from 6pm at Ponds Forge there will be a Celebration of The Life of Dennis Hobson Snr and Dennis Hobson Jnr would like to invite everybody to come down who knew Dennis snr and give him a send off to remember

---------- Post added 18-01-2017 at 09:35 ----------

This event to celebrate the Life of Dennis will be a special event put on by his family.He was a big Sinatra fan and loved the big Bands so all that will be happening as well as all the stories from his life

• 2 weeks later...

Dennis was always a great story teller & I have listened to many stories from him while sat in the Parkway café at Handsworth one of his favourite sayings was left cross. right cross & red cross ! or the other way round but the saying always ended in red cross red cross being the ambulance ! Top man R.I.P