Which pubs have indie/alternative nights?

hillsgal

There haven't been any threads on this for a while so I'm looking for a bit of an update...I know various alternative pubs in Sheffield (Washington, Dove & Rainbow, Nelson, Red House etc) so I'm not after recommendations for pubs in general. I'm really wondering where to find out about particular nights in these places - when & where are the good nights for indie & alternative stuff (not metal/goth!) and what kind of thing do they play? I'm into old 80s/90s indie, a bit of rock (stuff like Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Garbage etc) and more recent indie, but not really pretentious obscure stuff or the fecking Ting Tings! Are there any nights like this?

I think I saw that on your website a while ago (was it the Angelic Fruitcake night?), it looked exactly my kind of thing, kept meaning to come down but never got chance.

Unfortunately we cancelled the night fairly recently in favour of promotional events, but it may turn up somewhere else........

Archived