Indian buffets in sheffield

It was hardly putting people off, we've been regularly on a Saturday night (before they started selling alcohol) and it's been packed, it's never been a problem for us.

Some people wouldn't go to an Indian if it didn't sell booze (or allow your own) but I doubt anyone wouldn't go because it did sell booze. Indian's aren't really hotbeds for drink-fuelled trouble and I prefer a drink with a curry as do many people.

I agree with your other post that Estikutum is good but I have only been once.

Estikutum at Attercliffe is an all you can eat Indian. It also has some chinese/thai food but when I went it seemed to be mainly Indian. It's pretty nice and a lot better than the only other 'all you can eat' Indian ive been to in Sheffield (Cha Chi's) but this has shut down now anyway.

There was no alcohol licence when I went about six months ago so that's a drawback.

Fully licensed now

Sheffield's Indian and Sri Lankan populations are very small so I am not surprised at this. The vast majority of south Asians in Sheffield are Pakistani -the Indian population in England is mainly in the middle and south of England. Most curry houses in Sheffield are Pakistani run but Pakistani food is similar to Indian as Pakistan was part of India until 1948 and there are differences between east Indian, west Indian etc. food as well.

While I think it is good to have variety I think most people will only be attracted to this place if the food is actually good. I won't ask your opinion as all of your previous posts are in relation to South Indian food so I would guess you work there/have a connection with the place. What is this place called and does it have a site?

just to clarify a bit. southindian food is totally different to the traditional indian food available in UK. Its food is mainly Dosa, Idly, Vada, Kottu Roti, pittu etc.. secondly i dont have any connection with this place, however i love this food which previously was only available either in london or leicester.

Archived