Hi-life 2 for 1 card

Iwork2shop

I bought a Hi-life card for Xmas, which is the card where you can go to lots of restaurants in Sheffield (and the rest of Yorkshire) and buy one 3 course meal and get the other one absolutely free.

I've used the card a few times and wondered if anyone else has got this card, and if so which restaurants they'd recommend.

So far I've been to a couple on Ecclesall Road and Vittorias at Walkley (that's my favourite up to now).

Thanks a lot

I bought a Hi-life card for Xmas, which is the card where you can go to lots of restaurants in Sheffield (and the rest of Yorkshire) and buy one 3 course meal and get the other one absolutely free.

I've used the card a few times and wondered if anyone else has got this card, and if so which restaurants they'd recommend.

So far I've been to a couple on Ecclesall Road and Vittorias at Walkley (that's my favourite up to now).

Thanks a lot

Where can we find out more about this card?

Well, I've now visited my 4th restaurant - The Red Lion pub and bistro in Chesterfield. We only managed 2 courses (2 x pate, steak, lamb) plus 2 coffees and drinks. The bill came to £34 which gave us a saving of £18 (£5 for 1 starter and £13 for the lamb).

This card is fantastic - I would recommend it to anyone who likes to eat out!

I've also got a Hi-Life card and think its a great idea - although I do think there could be more restaurants in Sheffield that actually take it.

Saying that, I have used it at a few this year including the Ha Ha Bar and Zizzi's - the best by far though is The Blue Room in Woodseats - yum!

Never been to Vittorias so might give that a try soon....

Any other recommendations anyone?

• 3 months later...

Since my last post I've tried out several more restaurants. We've been to the following:

Ha Ha Bar and Canteen - Good but nothing special

The Potting Shed, Silkstone, Barnsley - Really nice but more like a very nice cafe than restaurant

Maranello's, Ecclesall Road - Very good

Aagrah, Leopold Square - Again very good and has a huge menu (spoilt for choice, especially as the only Indian I have is chicken tikka massalla)

And the best one so far....

Darcy's restaurant, Mosborough Hall - Excellent meal, very expensive but with the 2 for 1 card we saved £30 and paid only £43 for 2 x 3 course meals plus drinks.

We've recently got one of these cards, so far we've been to Chiquito's (Centertainment) which was really nice, and Aagrah's, again was gorgeous! We're going to try more but we haven't had it long.

Was just wondering how many of the restaurants actually cross their number off on the back? We haven't had any crossed off yet, and hope we don't.

It's a really good idea x

Archived