Venue needed for acoustic gig.

myriadmike

Hi there everyone, I'm looking for a small function room, preferably city centre for my friend Craig, who plays really amazing folk/country stuff under the name Oldseed.

i put on gigs regularly but not acoustic as much, so using the usual venues like the Casbah, Grapes etc wouldn't really suit his style (and my pocket at the moment).

I put him on before at the Red House on Solly Street and it was fantastic, but they have an Open Mic night there every Wednesday so thats taken up. I had a good amount of people down last time and was able to pay him quite a bit so an Open Mic isn't really suitable, he tends to play full sets and may well be brining his accordion playing partner with him this time.

I tried the Red Deer, as this would have been perfect but that too is booked, the date is unmoveable really as its part of his tour.

If people have any suggestions, please let me know, smaller and more intimate the better.

His myspace address is http://www.myspace.com/oldseed if you want to have a listen.

Hi there everyone, I'm looking for a small function room, preferably city centre for my friend Craig, who plays really amazing folk/country stuff under the name Oldseed.

i put on gigs regularly but not acoustic as much, so using the usual venues like the Casbah, Grapes etc wouldn't really suit his style (and my pocket at the moment).

I put him on before at the Red House on Solly Street and it was fantastic, but they have an Open Mic night there every Wednesday so thats taken up. I had a good amount of people down last time and was able to pay him quite a bit so an Open Mic isn't really suitable, he tends to play full sets and may well be brining his accordion playing partner with him this time.

I tried the Red Deer, as this would have been perfect but that too is booked, the date is unmoveable really as its part of his tour.

If people have any suggestions, please let me know, smaller and more intimate the better.

His myspace address is http://www.myspace.com/oldseed if you want to have a listen.

Ruskins....................

Why not try the Dronfield Music Festival this weekend. Loads of pub landlords go along. You might catch someone's eye.

Alternatively try the Cross Scythes at Totley. They have a regular music slot as does the Castle on Twentywell Ave.

Archived