Venue needed for acoustic gig.

myriadmike

A very good suggestion is the SHAKESPEARE, on Gibraltar St. near Shalesmoor/West Bar; it is very acoustic-friendly, has some real ales, and I held a couple of Acoustic/World Music nights in June as part of the GALA Gay Arts festival. Downstairs is perfect for a small crowd, but they also have a huge room upstairs which can be hired for extremely affordable rates, and can hold, I think, as many as 100. There is also a small car-park right next to the pub, although I am not sure if it is public pay and display or what.

Just ask Jeff the manager about organising an acoustic gig, and say Tyranna recommended the venue!

I put him on before at the Red House on Solly Street and it was fantastic, but they have an Open Mic night there every Wednesday so thats taken up. I had a good amount of people down last time and was able to pay him quite a bit so an Open Mic isn't really suitable, he tends to play full sets and may well be brining his accordion playing partner with him this time.

I didn't know about this open mic night, is it good?

Good luck to your mate!

Archived