Crookes working men's club

Bolehill

• 1 year later...

May be a good idea to PM sheffield forum member called P.Lonsdale , he is a respected Crookes WMC member and has been going in there since before I was born! He should be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm not sure, but I'm sure at the moment it is 'subs' time where you can pay/join up. These times are Sunday lunchtimes and Wednesday evenings. Just ask the guys on the door and they will show you where to sign up.

When I lived in Sheffield I used to go twice a week to Crookes WMC to modern jive. I believe they still have it there on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I remember having to pay a fee every year to the club but think it was only about £5 for the year or something like that. The admission fee for dancing is about £7.00 per evening.

It's £6. I go every week. It's fantastic. Always packed..on both nights.

Going to crookes club is probably the only thing we miss about not living at crookes anymore . Today it's exactly 14 years since me and my o/h got back together and we had some great nights courting in the club as we only lived on stannington view . Is the lady that use to run it still there, i've forgotten her name. i sometimes walked home from school with her when she picked her grandkids up

Archived