The sheffield facts thread.

meer

Originally posted by owdlad

Don't lecture you on netiquette! so it's alright for you to lecture others then say it was light hearted when challenged over it. if you dont like it tough tit pal, and if your so good at running your own forums how come you feel the need to come onto this one.

I wasn't lecturing on netiquette.

But if you want me to: perhaps you should learn to use this forum's (not exactly brain-challenging, even for an ape) quoting system before slagging people off for being "newbies". Otherwise people will start thinking that my views are actually your views. Which I suppose might win you some respect, if nothing else.

:banana:

I shouldn't need to justify my reasons for using the Sheffield Forum. It's bloody brilliant, why on earth would I want to roll my own? Besides, I've retired from all that now.

Also, I don't "feel the need" to come on this forum. I'm doing it as a public service to lower primates, trying to educate them in the ways of the world. :wave:

Owdlad! Dan! Gi'ore wi ya, or I'll mek third man! :mad: (Best Sheffield accent there!) ;)

Seriously boys, I don't know what's got into you both? :huh: You're both such nice chaps, I'm sure an old monkey can learn to love a southern monkey, and vice versa! :D

Be nice, and move on, or you'll have t'Mods in here! :D

K x

PS, before anyone tells me to take my Mod hat off, or get off my soapbox, I hope they'll see the humour in my post; I just don't like to see people I respect rowing over a misunderstanding :|

K x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by peterdo

I was also bourn in sheffield. I am now an ausie, i'm thick skinned you can pick on me if you like. I 'm a lousy speller and my grammer is crap. :thumbsup:

A very generous offer peterdo, you're the dream member to some people on here! :thumbsup:

Guest poppins
Originally posted by owdlad

As for how long I've been on this forum, I don't really see how that's relevant. I've not broken any forum rules as far as I'm aware, and I have been running forums myself since you were a monkey in a nappy calling yourself "youngun", so please don't lecture me on netiquette.

Gotta go back to bed, i'm in a state of shock, maybe this was all a dream about Owdlad ! a GOOD dream may i add.

Archived