Went to The Ivory. Oh dear!!

Cuey

It was quite sometime ago now but the 1st time I went with my husband ,the bar was busy but not packed music not too loud and the food was excellent. A couple of moths later we took some friends bar packed music so loud we couldn't hear ourselves speak! The food was not good at all .We asked if they could turn the music down a little but it didn't happen, I know the music has to be reasonable loud in the bar they need to either put doors on the restaurant or make it all bar only

My walking club went to The Ivory for its annual Summer Do. We allegedly had an "all you can eat buffet" - but despite the management's advice not to all rush at once, and assurances that there would be plenty to go around, and that they would keep replacing empty dishes, etc. quite a few went hungry as it had all disappeared in around half an hour. For my £21 I got a sausage (singular), a desert spoon of mash and a slice of fruit. Luckily they'd decorated the buffet table with raspberries and strawberries - reduced to eating the decorations!! And then to cap it all when we complained to the manager he blamed those who went up first for being "greedy" (his words).

A very poor show. Although those who did get something to eat said it was good, and my £21 banger (singular) and desert spoon of mash was tasty, if just a bit over priced!

Events like this that go wrong for a restaurant often spell bads news. How many people went and how many of those will tell friend/colleagues and so the chain continues. Soon they will be left without any customers and another independant sheffield restaurant will bite the dust only to be replaced but yet another chain restaurant.

It is such a shame that a lot of sheffield restaurants just don't seem to get it right, lets hope that the Runaway Girl (The Silversmiths) have continued success!

Events like this that go wrong for a restaurant often spell bads news. How many people went and how many of those will tell friend/colleagues and so the chain continues. Soon they will be left without any customers and another independant sheffield restaurant will bite the dust only to be replaced but yet another chain restaurant.

It is such a shame that a lot of sheffield restaurants just don't seem to get it right, lets hope that the Runaway Girl (The Silversmiths) have continued success!

EDIT: just spotted a post I was looking for!!

I went to the Ivory the other day for lunch and was really suprised with the food. Very tasty!!! Was some other stuff on the menu i'd go back to try. thought the service was good and our waiter pat was knowledgable and poliete!

Archived