Davy United Club 60s amatuer dramatics

xenia

Does anyone remember Davy United club in the 60? I used to go as a member of the amatuer dramatic society. We put on a panto at Xmas and a musical or straight play in the summer.

Frank Hammond, Wendy Wragg, Phil White, Mick Lee, Joan Foster, Henry Wragg were all leading lights, any idea what happened to them?

I dont remember Jack but do remember Harry Knight who worked in that department.

did you know Jack (John ) Cooper? Draughting/estimating until late '66- he was into amateur operatics and would probably have been part of this.

I belong the am Dram society at Davy's but more in the 80's. Played principal boy and girl in many a panto there. Remember Harry Knight (he also belong an Operatic Society I belonged to) Remember the Brewsters, Edith Foster and many others. Happy days!

Thanks for reply, I remember Joan and her elder brother David, I think Joan married Frank Hammond at about the same time Wendy Wragg married Roy Smith and Mick Lee was best man (I think) would be around 1968.

I went with Mick on an acting course were we both got offered auditions for RADA as we were both working full time we turned it down. What a missed opportunity.

Frank, Joan and Wendy were mainstays of the dramatics we had some great times.

back on line after holiday, hence delay in replying. Edith was Joan's mother

Thanks for reply, I remember Joan and her elder brother David, I think Joan married Frank Hammond at about the same time Wendy Wragg married Roy Smith and Mick Lee was best man (I think) would be around 1968.

I went with Mick on an acting course were we both got offered auditions for RADA as we were both working full time we turned it down. What a missed opportunity.

Frank, Joan and Wendy were mainstays of the dramatics we had some great times.

I don't remember many the names you mention as it was later on when I joined, but I did have some happy times there and played Principal Boy and Principal Girl in a lot of the pantos at that time.

Archived