Anyone Visited Spearmint Rhino Yet?

Geoff

Originally posted by Abby

Could I have that in a complete sentence please? :?

Erm, like, totally! Don'tcha, like, dig my totally gnarly structure, dude?

You said adultery was morally wrong like that was an absolute truth and not merely the view of one guy. I was stating that since I for one disagree, it it not an absolute truth.

Clearer? Dude.

Originally posted by Tony Ruscoe

Yes, that's better :P but I'm sure most blokes would get a slap and get kicked out if they offered the dancer "more"

Very true - and the dancer would get a pretty summary dismissal by SR if they found out she was using the club to pimp herself out for something ENTIRELY more illegal than dancing...

Originally posted by FastEddie

Erm, like, totally! Don'tcha, like, dig my totally gnarly structure, dude?

You said adultery was morally wrong like that was an absolute truth and not merely the view of one guy. I was stating that since I for one disagree, it it not an absolute truth.

Clearer? Dude.

Right! Now I understand where you're coming from. Sorry, but I couldn't make out the surfer-type speak ;)

Adultery is condemned by all major religions. Sex-obsessed religious cults and politicians may partake in it, but that does not make it right! Even Tony Blair has been known to condemn it (usually when the opposition get caught with their pants down)

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Define adultary Abby!

Awww...can't I ignore you for another day ;)

This forum is read by children, so perhaps I should PM you on the subject?

I was just curious on your view.... I know what it means to me. But you stated that Adultary is condemned in every major religion. However there ARE major religions where you can have more than one wife (hence more than one partner).

Where you refering to adultary out of wedlock or in both cases?

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I was just curious on your view.... I know what it means to me. But you stated that Adultary is condemned in every major religion. However there ARE major religions where you can have more than one wife (hence more than one partner).

Where you refering to adultary out of wedlock or in both cases?

You are right in that some religions allow the marrying of more than one wife, but that's polygamy, not adultery - the men have married the women.

Adultery is where one person in a marriage has a sexual relationship with someone they are not married to.

Adultery is where one person in a marriage has a sexual relationship with someone they are not married to.

I'm inclined to disagree about the marriage bit. Surely, if adultery is morally wrong, then it can be committed by people outside of marriage but who have made a commitment to each other? Or does morality only exist within established religions?

Adultery is condemned by all major religions. Sex-obsessed religious cults and politicians may partake in it, but that does not make it right! Even Tony Blair has been known to condemn it (usually when the opposition get caught with their pants down)

Okay, so every major religion and Tony Blair are against it....i can't think of a better reason to champion it!

Morality is diametrically opposed to hedonism, and since hedonism is a whole boatload of fun, i'll give morality a miss ;)

Archived