Suggestions for Saturday 16th, indie night/gigs?

lyndsayx

It's the weekend of my birthday, and there appear to be no gigs on and the only non-dance club night appears to be Threads at DQ. Which is alright, but it's been done to death. I want to go somewhere different, that doesn't involve scary screaming rock music/chav choons/dance/rave etc. but there doesn't seem to be any choice for a Saturday night out.

Does anyone have any recomendations please??

http://www.beached.net/H2008/index.php?option=com_artistavenue&Itemid=54

Not brilliant - one night only and Dodgy are the headliners! :rolleyes:

But there are some alright smaller bands - I quite liked Detroit Social club t'other night and the Paddingtons are alright. It's a weekend away with a bit of music in my eyes.

And there is usually someone brilliant who is unknown at the time.

Hope you find somewhere for next week and remember that's always an option!

You coming out this Fri?

Ughh, the paddingtons. If you see tom tell him i want my tshirt back, the theiving little...

Anyway, dodgy should be good at least, just use one night only as bar time and you'll be reet! It should be a good day out, there's usually a few lesser known bands that you catch... this is how my dad discovered the fratellis, oh joy! :hihi:

What's on this friday, roxy?

Ughh, the paddingtons. If you see tom tell him i want my tshirt back, the theiving little...

Anyway, dodgy should be good at least, just use one night only as bar time and you'll be reet! It should be a good day out, there's usually a few lesser known bands that you catch... this is how my dad discovered the fratellis, oh joy! :hihi:

What's on this friday, roxy?

Fri: Bummers, Harley then Corp are the options being banded at the moment but it's all up to three French lasses apparently. (Don't ask me?)

It may be Roxy but i'll let you know when i do.:thumbsup:

Yes I'm looking forward to Dodgy, seem to recall i might have seen them before in years of yore but can't quite remember if i have... Wanted to see them last year at the Ledders but tickets were mucho expensive and then they cancelled anyway.

What about Barnskey for next week? Or Doncaster... i'll send you the link to a punkfest the leopard have just sent me.

http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=29911899257

mm - wrong date - I've got nothing else for next week. Still hoping i'll win/blag some V tickets again really.

Fri: Bummers, Harley then Corp are the options being banded at the moment but it's all up to three French lasses apparently. (Don't ask me?)

It may be Roxy but i'll let you know when i do.:thumbsup:

Yes I'm looking forward to Dodgy, seem to recall i might have seen them before in years of yore but can't quite remember if i have... Wanted to see them last year at the Ledders but tickets were mucho expensive and then they cancelled anyway.

What about Barnskey for next week? Or Doncaster... i'll send you the link to a punkfest the leopard have just sent me.

http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=29911899257

mm - wrong date - I've got nothing else for next week. Still hoping i'll win/blag some V tickets again really.

what really? i saw them many years ago in chesterfield (!!) for next to nowt.

it's got to be somewhere reasonably priced as i'm operating on a shoestring as it is and shouldn't really be going out at all as it doesn't feature in my budget... ever *fumes silently*

give me a shout if you venture to roxy and i'll raid the piggy bank. still not been :o

what really? i saw them many years ago in chesterfield (!!) for next to nowt.

it's got to be somewhere reasonably priced as i'm operating on a shoestring as it is and shouldn't really be going out at all as it doesn't feature in my budget... ever *fumes silently*

give me a shout if you venture to roxy and i'll raid the piggy bank. still not been :o

If it's there, the lovely Mr Steer will help out destitute women i am sure ;)

Archived