The Global Warming Megathread

Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?

• Absolutely, unequivocally.
    • Maybe, i need more evidence
    • Not at all, it's all made up!
    • Whats global warming?

Originally posted by "The Cycleracer"

Global Warming does it exist, if our planets getting hotter why has it missed here. Is our planet getting wetter ??...It is in our country.

Whats your view on GLOBAL WARMING......can the hole be repaired.

No, I don't don't believe in Global Warming at all. The hole is already showing signs of repair. I don't buy into this CFC's either. One Volcanic Eruption releases far more CFC gases than anything else. I dont think it's getting hotter either.

When the issue surrounding Global Warming first came about, the main concern was the melting of the Polar Ice Caps and the erosion of coastlines. I am yet to see any evidence in any country that this is happening. I realise that this may take years to happen, but I don't see any evidence of any 'warming' either. Surely by now we would be suffering from warmer weather in the winter months, but still, it is cold even in May.

I think that Global Warming is a load of bull, created by the likes of Greenpeace to stop us using CFC Aerosols.

Originally posted by "Hixxy"

When the issue surrounding Global Warming first came about, the main concern was the melting of the Polar Ice Caps and the erosion of coastlines. I am yet to see any evidence in any country that this is happening. I realise that this may take years to happen, but I don't see any evidence of any 'warming' either. Surely by now we would be suffering from warmer weather in the winter months, but still, it is cold even in May.

I think that Global Warming is a load of bull, created by the likes of Greenpeace to stop us using CFC Aerosols.

The sea is breaching the defenses in some places in the UK due to the ice caps melting, water levels seem to be on the rise as a whole. I think these things run in cycles and is nothing to do with Global Warming. We all become extinct as we return to the ice age and then the Sun burns out etc.

The truth is no one knows, it is just personal opinions, these so called EXPERTS give differing versions all the time, over a period of five billion years there has been dramatic climatic changes on this earth and many, many, ice ages. During the last one comparitively recently 200000 years ago the thickness of ice over this country was thirty thousand feet thick. and when it receded it gouged mountains, hills, and valleys out of the landscape.

The experts say there is another one starting now in the arctic regions, but it will take one hundred years to develop. I would advise everyone to take their holidays now before it is too late.!!!!! HA HA. :D:D:D

• 11 months later...

Due to the co2 emissions, there will be World wide floods and by the year 2020 the sea levels will have risen by seven metres, after that if the co2 isn't reduced, by the year 3000 the sea will have risen by 175 metres. Surely, this is a job for the United Nations and a very urgent one at that, if civilisation is to survive

Originally posted by halevan

Due to the co2 emissions, there will be World wide floods and by the year 2020 the sea levels will have risen by seven metres, after that if the co2 isn't reduced, by the year 3000 the sea will have risen by 175 metres. Surely, this is a job for the United Nations and a very urgent one at that, if civilisation is to survive

It's all down to the fact that no-one in political circles really minds what happens to the earth in twenty years time. The majority of them will either be dead, too old to care, or rich enough to buy somewhere in the mountains to live.

As for the year 3,000, does anyone really care deep down?