The Global Warming Megathread

Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?

• Absolutely, unequivocally.
    • Maybe, i need more evidence
    • Not at all, it's all made up!
    • Whats global warming?

I don’t pretend to understand many of the scientific disputes involved in this subject to any great degree but it seems pretty clear that a overwhelming majority of disinterested scientific voices are convinced that climate change is real, that we’re causing it and that the effects will be unpredictable and could easily be very unpleasant both for us and our ecosystem.

In contrast the main voices to the contrary are those that don’t want it to be true because dealing with this ‘inconvenient truth’ (to use the name of Gore’s film) will make their lives more complicated and those who have a clear commercial interest in the fossil fuel industry.

This is enough to convince me that climate change is real, that it’s our fault and that we should take action to try and limit the damage we’re doing.

i think it was going to happen eventually but we ain't 'alf speeding it up. i think it's arrogant to think we're powerful enough to destroy the whole planet. mother nature will put things right once we're gone

i think it was going to happen eventually but we ain't 'alf speeding it up. i think it's arrogant to think we're powerful enough to destroy the whole planet. mother nature will put things right once we're gone

Maybe we can't 'destroy the whole planet' but we can certainly make it much less pleasant for us to try and live on.