The Global Warming Megathread

Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?

• Absolutely, unequivocally.
    • Maybe, i need more evidence
    • Not at all, it's all made up!
    • Whats global warming?

Depends on how hot it gets...

The sunny weather is nice, but it'll also mean an increase in humidity. Especially with Britain being just a tiny island, the water would evaporate from the sea and moves across the land. It's yucky in the summer. You may also get typhoons, and storms. ('I think' it's due to the differing in pressures.)

Global warming is making a nice industry for lots of people. Sheffield should cash in and have an International Global Warming Centre and then we could benefit from it. Aside from that, it is most certainly a bad thing as we British will continue to try and do something about it, at great cost, while the Chinese and the Yanks ignore it. The net result will be that nothing happens but we get poorer in the process.

My god. I can't believe the stupidity of this thread. The negative effects of global warming definately outway any positives, and in my opinion there is no positives!

Now I'm not normally one to be negative on peoples opinions but seriously, the effects that global warming is going to have on everyone is no laughing matter! :rant:

Dear oh dear yet another example of a totally successful sense of humour by-pass operation performed on a member of Sheffield Forum :rolleyes:

BTW as you use 'positives' in the plural, your sentence should read 'are no positives' :thumbsup:

If it gets much worse though I might have to abandon the family home because we are rather too close to the River Mersey for comfort :help: :help:

My god. I can't believe the stupidity of this thread. The negative effects of global warming definately outway any positives, and in my opinion there is no positives!

Now I'm not normally one to be negative on peoples opinions but seriously, the effects that global warming is going to have on everyone is no laughing matter! :rant:

My god yourslef, as if he was being as serious as you get a life

Global warming is making a nice industry for lots of people. Sheffield should cash in and have an International Global Warming Centre and then we could benefit from it.

Let's have the World Global Warming Games i'm sure that millions of people will come to compete and spectate, along with the BBC and Sky Sports coverage we'll all rake it in:thumbsup:

Whenever we hear about global warming, we always hear the negatives

ie, we all going to die, or, the world will melt

But, for Sheffield what are the plus points?

1) The weather, fantastic, who needs to go abroad for a suntan?

2) As our winters get warmer, we will not need to spend as much money on heating/keeping warm, something that will become a major factor when we become pensioners (some people in their 20's now, will prob may still be paying off mortgages by then), so any savings will be welcome

4) Low lying areas near the coast, will be under water. But then we need to look at the positives, it will only be 80 miles to get to the seaside, rather than 100 miles now, saving on petrol and time.

So lets embrace global warming

The massively flawed assumption that underlines your post is that ‘global warming’ will simply mean that the world gets a bit warmer whilst nothing much else changes, it is because of this erroneous assumption that many people now prefer to use the phrase ‘climate change’.

Climate change could amongst other things change patterns of precipitation in the UK giving us increased droughts and floods, it could also turn off the gulf stream giving us massively colder winters like those Scandinavian countries experience, not only raising heating bills but significantly changing the British eco-system. On the plus side we’d probably start winning a few skiing medals in the winter olympics but that would be rather scant compensation.