The Global Warming Megathread

Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?

• Absolutely, unequivocally.
    • Maybe, i need more evidence
    • Not at all, it's all made up!
    • Whats global warming?

Thanks to Global Warming, it has been a freezing cold day

1) I needed to wear a warm coat when outside

2) My car windscreen had ice on it (If its not warm enough to melt the Ice on my windscreen in Sheffield, I hardly think the ice caps are going to melt at The North Pole). This ice needed scraping aggresively I have to add

Can we now safely say that Global Warming is simply a myth, based on todays evidence? and that Tax's (sorry green taxes) don't need to be introduced

This posters replies in general appear to be with intent of being "controversial". .

What's the name of the mythical charicter, lived under a bridge, didn't like Billy goats gruff. . ??

The bulk of the literature gives facts that prove that global warming is happening.

Absolutely. But the scientists are arguing over:

a) whether its anything to do with humankind, or whether it would happen anyway, since the planet has gone through dramatic temperature changes in a cyclical fashion through the ages, all on its little ownsome.

b) whether we, humankind, can actually reverse or halt the changes that are starting to occur.

Hope that clarifies the point i was trying to make kel :)

Global warming exists - what is the matter of debate is what impact mankind has on the rate of warming - or cooling for that metter.

We are currently between ice ages - hence the earth will warm, and then will cool as we approach the next one - it would be tremendously egotistical to think that mankind could so dramatically alter a natural process that has been going on for billions of years.

Get used to it - and stop using up our precious resources writing so much utter codswallop about it

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I looked out of the window ansd saw honey bees collecting pollen on some flowering shrubs in the garden, the weather is very mild for the time of the year, Daileas and Marigolds and other flowers are still in bloom and my runner beans are still producing pods..Just now I saw a "Painted Lady Butterfly"..Some trees are losing their leaves and others such as Aspen's are still green and show no sign of shedding yet ..Most unusual for this time of the year in the North East Of England and Xmas just 28 days away..Could this mild weather be a result of Global Warming or what?.... are any of the other fourum members witnessing strange events in other parts of the world??

Well, as I've said before on here the Sun is a variable star and throughout history there have been periods when extremely mild weather is seen in the winter months. I think a similar spell to what we're having now was seen, for example, in the 18th Century, and a VERY cold spell was found in the 17th Century (I think) when the Thames froze.

Whether THIS is evidence for Global Warming I don't know, but I do believe that the warming is happening.

Down here in New Zealand icebergs are drifting so close to the land you can see them.

It appears they were part of a huge ice field that broke away from the Antartic and have drifted northwards towards New Zealand.

I don't think there is any doubt that we are suffering from global warming.

Would people be to blame if for example, instead of global warming the world was actually cooling and we were heading for an ice age? This happend quite a few times over the last few million years or more and soon the world heated up and melted the ice. Would that be called global warming and did we (people) have anything to do with it?