The Global Warming Megathread

Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe human inflicted climate change is real?

• Absolutely, unequivocally.
    • Maybe, i need more evidence
    • Not at all, it's all made up!
    • Whats global warming?

News item on page 4 of todays Sheffield Telegraph.

GRITTERS PUT ON ICE

Freezing temperatures may have arrived this week but the relatively warm start to winter is saving Sheffield council tax payers tens of thousands of pounds.

In an average year gritting lorries are out at least five times in November and up to 15 times in December, at a cost of £16,000 a time, including wages, equipment and materials. But so far this year there have been only a handful of occasions.

If this is due to global warming it's good for Sheffield!

News item on page 4 of todays Sheffield Telegraph.

GRITTERS PUT ON ICE

Freezing temperatures may have arrived this week but the relatively warm start to winter is saving Sheffield council tax payers tens of thousands of pounds.

In an average year gritting lorries are out at least five times in November and up to 15 times in December, at a cost of £16,000 a time, including wages, equipment and materials. But so far this year there have been only a handful of occasions.

If this is due to global warming it's good for Sheffield!

You need to think about the consequences of global warming long term.

• 4 weeks later...
This potentially is a sign of global warming, the high winds. Are you convinced that leaving your car at home is the way forward?

It's impossible to identify isolated incidents as part of global warming, and I suspect that wet and windy weather (even very windy like at the moment) is actually fairly normal for the UK in January.

This potentially is a sign of global warming, the high winds. Are you convinced that leaving your car at home is the way forward?

I did leave my car at home today as like most days and travelled by bus to work due to parking restrictions, but certainly wished I could have taken the car in all this wind and rain, not much fun hanging around bus stops in this weather.

As for global warming I dont think so, seems like fairly typical January weather to me.